Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Transitioning from carseats to crib?

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:28 PM
  • 12 Replies

My twins are now 6 months old, born 8 weeks premature and have been sleeping in their carseats from about 3 months due to acid reflux, my bigger twin is now 16 pounds and the smaller is 14 pounds, they are getting really long and they just look really uncomfortable. Right now they have colds, which is why Im kinda hesitant about moving them. How can I make it easier for them to go into a crib when they dont like to lay on their back. Is there any easy way to get them to transition to their crib? Any advice would help greatly, thanks!

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Put them on their tummy?

jhslove
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:44 PM

My daughter slept in her car seat until she was 3 months old and too big for it. After that, she slept in a swing (a Fisher-Price cradle swing) for about a month, then finally we transitioned her to the crib.

Aydnsmommy
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:45 PM
Use a boppy to prop them up in the crib? That way they are not flat but more comfortable.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this
You can elevate the crib mattress, just put folded blankets under it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommieof4.2011
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Tummy time is a no go, they will scream and cry and hold their breath until they turn blue...I may try the boppy seats, though, thanks

Megan11587
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Poor babies :(  I'm sure they are very uncomfortable with reflux!

nellyb118
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:53 PM
You could use a nap nanny? My friend swore by it with her kids. Or a sleep positioner put in the crib?
mommieof4.2011
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:55 PM

the reflux has seemed to go away, once we switched them from nutramigen to soy because it turns out they had an allergy to the protein in milk. they just dont like sleeping laying down and Im worried about them having a cold and trying this, but somethings got to change, because Im terrified of them raising up (their learning to sit) and falling head first out of the crib

my4loves4
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:17 PM

i did the same with my first born, when i moved him to his bed i put a pillow under the mattress to kind of prop it up, it took awhile for him to adjust but he did. just be patient

MommaPeyton622
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:48 PM
When Evan was little he couldn't sleep on his Back Either. Eric and Allie bought this thing that like propped him up like he was in a carseat. Im not sure where they found it. But he loved it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)