Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

If you had a c-section

Posted by   + Show Post
I had my second c-section 20 months ago with an epi. The first one, they had to put me all the way under. So, I am still having back pain. Whenever I do something I have pain. Like last night I was doing the dishes and my back hurt so bad I was in tears. Frankly, I am beyond fed up with it! I can't do anything cleaning wise unless I want excrutiating(sp?) pain. Am I the only one who is dealing with this? Is there anything I can do to make it stop or at least ease up?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Replies (11-20):
susie3g
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:13 PM
My first section I was put under like you, and the second one I had an epidural. I've had alot of back pain, too, since then (4 months ago). I have no idea if its caused by the epidural, though. I've chalked it up to just back pain from being older (38 years old), and that I have a heavy baby that puts a lot of stress on my back. Sometimes I feel like I'm about to drop her when I go to pick her up because its like a sharp shooting pain all of a sudden. I wish I knew something to help, too. Sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bcbmami
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:27 PM
Thanks, Ladies. I bet it's from the anesthesiologist. He couldn't get it in so the doctor had to do it finally. Duh. Can't believe I didn't think of that sooner! Now I feel stupid for asking! I guess I didn't put two and two together. :/ *embarrassed*
vinalex0581
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:38 PM

i've had c-sections twice.

my son is 7 years old and my other son is 5 months old.

i'm fine. not pain out of the ordiniary, except internal from where they glued me together, but that's normal.

they told me it takes a year to totally heal up.

HunternChase
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:39 PM
This!!

Quoting Randi02:

Have you talked to your doctor? I have had 3 c sections, but never any back pain. I had the spinal though, not an epidural.

It is a common side effect of an epidural.

proudmommy690
by Christa on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:40 PM
I have back problems but no associated with my csections. I think you need to talk to the dr
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angela.bouchard
by Angela on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:37 PM

This

Quoting LMEMomma05:

I had a spinal, but no back pain. Here's a bump for you.

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:59 PM
I've had both epidural and spinals with no pain. I'd see a doctor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsP523
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:01 PM

I havent had that issue.

erikays
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:09 PM
I had 1 epi and 2 spinals, I still have back pain and my last one was 2 yrs ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amy1763
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:46 PM
I had a spinal 16 yrs ago after i had 3 back surgeries and no problems afterward. My next two kids i had to be put out. Dd2 the dr couldnt get the spinal in and after all the pain i chose to be put out:( 3rd dd i had an accreta so heres a bump for u.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)