Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

what should/could my soon to be 6 month old be eating?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:15 PM
  • 12 Replies

She drinks about 3-4 6-7oz bottles a day with a tbsp of cereal per oz. and she eats about 1-2 jars of baby food a day along with a 4oz bottle of juice mixed with water. I do make her baby food sometimes in the baby bullet, she loves squash, sweet potatoes, bananas, apples, pears, peaches, and thats about it. 

Should I be feeding her more that what she's eating now? She will be 6 months on the 28th, she's 17 lbs was 8.12 when she was born at 36 weeks. 

Oh, and she occasionally has the baby yogurt. 

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angela.bouchard
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:26 PM
Food is just practice right now ;-) it sounds like what you are doing is just fine.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SuthernBelleo0o
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this

ok cool. I have had a baby in 6 years, I dont remember anything. I'm oretty much starting over lol. Thanks

Quoting angela.bouchard:

Food is just practice right now ;-) it sounds like what you are doing is just fine.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:04 PM
Avacado and banana are great first foods
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:05 PM
A lot has changed. My oldest is 6 as well

Quoting SuthernBelleo0o:

ok cool. I have had a baby in 6 years, I dont remember anything. I'm oretty much starting over lol. Thanks

Quoting angela.bouchard:

mamalusbear
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Sounds like she's getting a nice variety of foods...you could introduce oatmeal if you wanted (you'd have to puree it).

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:10 PM
Is there a reason you're doing cereal in the bottle? That's a lot of cereal and its not recommended you put it in the bottle because it's a choking hazard. Rice cereal isn't very nutritious either it's like sugar with iron added.

I'd look into baby led solids aka baby led weaning(skipping purees.)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuthernBelleo0o
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:52 PM

she wasnt gaining weight like she should. she'd only gained 8oz in 2 months, so her pedi said I could put cereal in her bottle, 1tbsp per oz of formula. 

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

Is there a reason you're doing cereal in the bottle? That's a lot of cereal and its not recommended you put it in the bottle because it's a choking hazard. Rice cereal isn't very nutritious either it's like sugar with iron added.

I'd look into baby led solids aka baby led weaning(skipping purees.)

jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Bananas are a hit with my DD

rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:49 PM

"The Super Baby Food" book is an excellent resource of what to feed and when.  Avacado is wonderful and full of nutrients!  Cereals are 'icky' in my opinion.  

abra
by Abra on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:52 PM
Sounds like you are doing a good job!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN