Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

what should/could my soon to be 6 month old be eating?

She drinks about 3-4 6-7oz bottles a day with a tbsp of cereal per oz. and she eats about 1-2 jars of baby food a day along with a 4oz bottle of juice mixed with water. I do make her baby food sometimes in the baby bullet, she loves squash, sweet potatoes, bananas, apples, pears, peaches, and thats about it. 

Should I be feeding her more that what she's eating now? She will be 6 months on the 28th, she's 17 lbs was 8.12 when she was born at 36 weeks. 

Oh, and she occasionally has the baby yogurt. 

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:15 PM
Replies (11-12):
SuthernBelleo0o
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Thanks ladies :)

luvmibbies
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this

if she has teeth you could try to start some whole foods to work on her picking up skills, babies have a really strong reflux so if they can't handle something it will come back up i would try little bits of fresh ripe bannana to start thats what i did with my little one also you could try pears and peaches whole since she likes those already meats are a bit trickier but chicken is a good one as long as you cut it cubed not shredded like i said if they can't handle it it will come back up! some veggies that are good cooked carrots, peas (just smoosh them so they aren't round and can't be swalloed whole) you could also try potatos both regular and sweat (again just make sure they are fully cooked and soft so they moosh in her mouth) its good practice for chewing and help with fine motor skills :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN