Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

C section or natural?

Posted by   + Show Post
I had a natural birth pushing out a 10 lb baby, ouch I know...lol

What about you, ladies?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Replies (21-30):
bellaamore
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:24 PM
4 moms liked this

I had a homebirth for a ten pound baby. No medications, no interventions, nothing.

Natural and vaginal are not the same thing.

ragdoll13
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:27 PM
Both unmedicated vaginals. The first was 8lbs 9oz and the second was 7lbs 8oz
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Blue_Spiral
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:27 PM

I had a vaginal birth, my son was also 10 pounds.

I had a natural birth as well, at home. 

Mom2enr
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:32 PM
I say natural because vaginal and natural means same thing to a doctors, when I went to see my ob and to take the baby to the doctors appointment they would ask me if I had a c-section or natural birth, vaginal and natural meant the same to them. and this was numerous doctors that I asked me the same question, C section or natural.

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

Vaginal or natural? Those are not the same. But I had two c sections.

Misery_Stitches
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I had a vaginal birth for my 11lb 4ozer (and before that for my 8lb 13ozer).

I used gas for both though... but with the 11 pounder I didnt really use it properly so it didnt really do anything. I liked to just bite down on the mouth piece more than sucking in the gas lol

Proud to be from

calvinsmommy18
by Nicole on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:35 PM

natural to me mean no drugs, no epi, like my mom had me lol (poor woman) my dr uses the terms vaginal or c-section.

Quoting Mom2enr:

I say natural because vaginal and natural means same thing to a doctors, when I went to see my ob and to take the baby to the doctors appointment they would ask me if I had a c-section or natural birth, vaginal and natural meant the same to them. and this was numerous doctors that I asked me the same question, C section or natural.

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

Mom2enr
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:36 PM
maybe they all didn't know what they were talking about..lol

Quoting Mom2enr:

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

proudmommy690
by Christa on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:44 PM
3 csections
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calvinsmommy18
by Nicole on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:45 PM

idk, but to me natural/vaginal are not interchangable basically. if i would have had a vag birth with my first i wouldnt have considered it natural cuz by that point i had already had pain meds (not an epi), but since my cervix pretty much refused to dilate, yet my water broke we ended up as a c-section after 24 hours of pitocin.

Quoting Mom2enr:

maybe they all didn't know what they were talking about..lol

Quoting Mom2enr:

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

tyrelsmom
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:47 PM
2 c-section, then 2 natural. The two vaginal births, the first was 6 lbs 12 oz and I got a 2nd degree tear, the second was 9lbs 1 oz with a nuchal arm, and no tear. I found the bigger one easier, lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)