Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

C section or natural?

Posted by   + Show Post
I had a natural birth pushing out a 10 lb baby, ouch I know...lol

What about you, ladies?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Replies (31-40):
XOXOnBubbles
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:28 AM

1 vaginal with an epidural & an OB doctor

1 vaginal with a nurse midwife

1 emergency c-section (my placenta tore and I bled out) 

DragonX
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:32 AM
Vaginal, she was 8lbs. I tore horribly but I blame having to be semi reclined from the epidural rather than her big ol' head x)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Vaginal with both.  My dd was 7 pounds 3 ounces and ds was 9 pounds 12 ounces.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Euphorikmomma
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:55 AM

I have had one natural birth and 2 c-sections.

Liz.Sisk
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:58 AM
Vaginal birth, not completely 'natural'. I had a bad reaction to pitocin which made me feel like someone lit my lower abdomen and legs on fire. I got an epidural 9hours into natural labor. Went 12hours before delivering a 5lb 04oz daughter completely numb.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:07 AM
Agreed. In this day & age of inductions, iv pain meds, epidurals, coached pushing, etc etc vaginal is usually as unnatural as a c section!

To answer the question I've had three vaginal births that were also completely natural. My largest baby was 9/12

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

Vaginal or natural? Those are not the same. But I had two c sections.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:10 AM
The pitocin alone made it technically unnatural. I'm scared silly of that stuff since it's supposed to make labor immensely worse...I know how bad it is without, I can't imagine! You rock handling 9 hours with that stiff!!

Quoting Liz.Sisk:

Vaginal birth, not completely 'natural'. I had a bad reaction to pitocin which made me feel like someone lit my lower abdomen and legs on fire. I got an epidural 9hours into natural labor. Went 12hours before delivering a 5lb 04oz daughter completely numb.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liz.Sisk
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:14 AM
I was planning all natural. Trust me I didn't volunteer for pitocin. I had dilated to only four centimeters in three hours of labor and my girl was having oxygen problems. After she was born they found out the placenta had been dying since about week 38. I had gone into labor a month before and they stopped it. She ended up being ten days past her due date. Next time I hope dilation goes better so I completely natural

Quoting larissalarie:

The pitocin alone made it technically unnatural. I'm scared silly of that stuff since it's supposed to make labor immensely worse...I know how bad it is without, I can't imagine! You rock handling 9 hours with that stiff!!

Quoting Liz.Sisk:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calvinsmommy18
by Nicole on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:19 AM

pitocin is pure evil.....only had to go through that once though, but over 24 hours if being induced was not fun.

Quoting larissalarie:

Quoting Liz.Sisk:

mamalusbear
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:20 AM

I wanted a natural birth but had a 96-hour labor that ended in an emergency c-section.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)