Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In march/April I will have a newborn and a 2 year old both in diapers at least for a while. My kids usually go everywhere I go. Should I continue to carry a purse and a diaper bag or is it easier to just throw my wallet, a little bag of essentials and my planner in the diaper bag? What do you ladies do?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:43 PM
Replies (21-30):
Aleshad01
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I only take my diaper bag when I have my baby with. It's a pain to carry both.
BlissBagshaw
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:33 PM

I haven't been able to find a bigger one :/   I'll keep looking, though - anything to make this easier, lol :)   

Quoting amy1763:

When bot mine were in diapers we were able to use a bigger diaper bag and fit it:)

Quoting BlissBagshaw:

I only have one - a 9-month-old - and I gave up my purse the day he was born, lol.  Been carrying my stuff in his diaper bag....  But come January, I'll have an 11-month-old AND a newborn, so I'll just have to decide which diaper bag to keep my stuff in, because I don't think I'll be able to get away with carrying just one while having two babies >_>

calvinsmommy18
by Nicole on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes I use both and sometimes I just throw my wallet in the diaper bag. And my pockets are always full too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this
With a newborn, I would suggest using a diaper bag, or at least a large purse for a while. It's always better to be over packed than under packed when you're doing something new. Going out with two little ones is very stressful. Mine are around the same ages. My oldest will be three around Christmas and my younger one turns one in February.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I carry both, lol

erikays
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this
I just use my purse. Didn't feel like dragging around 2 bags.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AngryBob
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:06 AM

i have a two year old, a one year old, and i'm going to have a newborn in a couple of weeks. we have a diaper bag, diapers, wipes, snacks, that's a little backpack, with a cartoon character on it. the two year old likes to carry it with her. it's not very heavy, and it's fun for her. when we are going to be out a while, we stock that and get it ready.

but if we're just going to be out for a few minutes, i just carry my purse. it's a backpack, too, but it has side pockets if i need to put a bottle there or something. i have a package of wipes in there, but that's a must for anyone lol. here's what it looks like:

searched a long time for something i could use as both.

KamillesMommy
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I just use the diaper bag

BraeBaysMom
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this
With my first one I used big purse n threw some diapers toys ect but with a 3yr n 3month I use diaper bag now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kara0701
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:21 AM
2 moms liked this
I have a skip hop diaper bag and it works great for 2 kids in diapers. I believe it is the duo deluxe bag, I found mine online at target for cheaper than the skip hop website sells them. It has tons of pockets and a lot of space in the middle compartment.

Quoting BlissBagshaw:

I haven't been able to find a bigger one :/   I'll keep looking, though - anything to make this easier, lol :)   

Quoting amy1763:

When bot mine were in diapers we were able to use a bigger diaper bag and fit it:)

Quoting BlissBagshaw:

I only have one - a 9-month-old - and I gave up my purse the day he was born, lol.  Been carrying my stuff in his diaper bag....  But come January, I'll have an 11-month-old AND a newborn, so I'll just have to decide which diaper bag to keep my stuff in, because I don't think I'll be able to get away with carrying just one while having two babies >_>

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)