Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies
In march/April I will have a newborn and a 2 year old both in diapers at least for a while. My kids usually go everywhere I go. Should I continue to carry a purse and a diaper bag or is it easier to just throw my wallet, a little bag of essentials and my planner in the diaper bag? What do you ladies do?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:43 PM
Replies (31-40):
BraeBaysMom
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Wherr the heck can I get one of these??

Quoting dark_xiii_angel:

I really like that bag! I will have to look it up online!

Quoting catholicmamamia:

This is my JJB BePrepared, mama pocket on left and interior on right.. love this bag!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angela.bouchard
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I use both with one child
Satorogi
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I tried both and it's such a pain in the .... to be lugging the big bag. (and I love my purses!) and then I saw my art caddy that I got from Michaels for 40% OFF... It's got compartments, sturdy, giraffe-printed fabric covering and waterproof! It also has a handle like a small basket for only $15 bucks... and so I took all my art stuff and it can hold 12 size 3 diapers and all his knick-knacks and I just carry it down the stairs with me when LO wakes up in the morning. Well, that was the start of a great idea because every week for a month, I got one= 4 caddys. One to reside in the car, one in the playroom/living room area, one to go with LO in daycare and visits with Grandma and one in his room. I then went out and did stocked up on all of LO's necessities in bulk (cheaper with coupon too!) Then I bought travel-size containers with different colors, refilled them with his lotion, shampoo, diaper cream, hand sanitizer, wipes (in ziplock bags) and then labelled them. The last thing is putting a reminder on phone to make sure I check on it every week for refills and stuff.... They lasted for 3 weeks before I had to refill except the diapers and wipes. It's so easy to manage and I don't have to zip up and down when I need something. When we go to the mall or store, no need to carry diaper bag! just his bottle, his blankie and a teether.

I saved a lot when I did this....

babygomez
by April on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I carry both, always have. I love purses!

dark_xiii_angel
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I like that purse. I agree everyone needs wipes. I use them for everything!

Quoting AngryBob:

i have a two year old, a one year old, and i'm going to have a newborn in a couple of weeks. we have a diaper bag, diapers, wipes, snacks, that's a little backpack, with a cartoon character on it. the two year old likes to carry it with her. it's not very heavy, and it's fun for her. when we are going to be out a while, we stock that and get it ready.

but if we're just going to be out for a few minutes, i just carry my purse. it's a backpack, too, but it has side pockets if i need to put a bottle there or something. i have a package of wipes in there, but that's a must for anyone lol. here's what it looks like:

searched a long time for something i could use as both.

dark_xiii_angel
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:03 PM
I have looked at skip hop. I love them! I didn't know I could buy them places other than their site! Thank you!

Quoting kara0701:

I have a skip hop diaper bag and it works great for 2 kids in diapers. I believe it is the duo deluxe bag, I found mine online at target for cheaper than the skip hop website sells them. It has tons of pockets and a lot of space in the middle compartment.

Quoting BlissBagshaw:

I haven't been able to find a bigger one :/   I'll keep looking, though - anything to make this easier, lol :)   

Quoting amy1763:

When bot mine were in diapers we were able to use a bigger diaper bag and fit it:)

Quoting BlissBagshaw:

I only have one - a 9-month-old - and I gave up my purse the day he was born, lol.  Been carrying my stuff in his diaper bag....  But come January, I'll have an 11-month-old AND a newborn, so I'll just have to decide which diaper bag to keep my stuff in, because I don't think I'll be able to get away with carrying just one while having two babies >_>

MayFlowerMomma
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I just use the diaper bag everyday. If I'm doing a quick run to the store or something I will throw my stuff in a purse with a diaper or two and a little container of wipes

dark_xiii_angel
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:16 PM
I like thi idea too. I just always worry about the heat and cold destroying the wipes and anything liquid

Quoting Satorogi:

I tried both and it's such a pain in the .... to be lugging the big bag. (and I love my purses!) and then I saw my art caddy that I got from Michaels for 40% OFF... It's got compartments, sturdy, giraffe-printed fabric covering and waterproof! It also has a handle like a small basket for only $15 bucks... and so I took all my art stuff and it can hold 12 size 3 diapers and all his knick-knacks and I just carry it down the stairs with me when LO wakes up in the morning. Well, that was the start of a great idea because every week for a month, I got one= 4 caddys. One to reside in the car, one in the playroom/living room area, one to go with LO in daycare and visits with Grandma and one in his room. I then went out and did stocked up on all of LO's necessities in bulk (cheaper with coupon too!) Then I bought travel-size containers with different colors, refilled them with his lotion, shampoo, diaper cream, hand sanitizer, wipes (in ziplock bags) and then labelled them. The last thing is putting a reminder on phone to make sure I check on it every week for refills and stuff.... They lasted for 3 weeks before I had to refill except the diapers and wipes. It's so easy to manage and I don't have to zip up and down when I need something. When we go to the mall or store, no need to carry diaper bag! just his bottle, his blankie and a teether.

I saved a lot when I did this....

mamagirl24
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this

hey! love a diaper bag discussion ;) ... i ahve a four year old daughter and i still carry a diaper bag. after all i carry everything "except" diapers in there for her my older son and myself. drinks, wipes, extra clothes and especially snacks! i love the petunia pickle bottom ones. as a matter a fact i just scored a great deal on a touring tote style from ebay! cant wait to get it. so in my opinion, go with a diaper bag!!!!

Brandy85412
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I do both I always have the diaper bag packed and in the car. But I have a big purse I put a diaper and wipes in for just trips in the store.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN