Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

My baby is 5 days old and she is wanting to feed every hour for about 30-45 min literally she is alwaya on the boob. is this normal or is she not getting enough and thats why she always wants to be on the boob???

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Replies (21-27):
shortyali
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:31 AM
What makes you think you don't have enough?

Quoting RoseBud93:

thats how I was for my mom... however my mom had to work and couldnt produce enough milk for me, so I had to be put on a bottle after a few months.
I am breast feeding my daughter and I went from having too much milk to now, not enough. -.- be happy your baby is building your supply. you dont want to be put in my situation. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shortyali
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:32 AM
Completely normal. My newest nursing is 3 days old and I joke that I didn't have a baby, I grew a new limb.
nellyb118
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:34 AM
Normal. If you don't already have one, look into a baby wrap...makes the attached baby period MUCH easier.
weezer_cookie
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:35 AM
Completely normal. You're her entire universe right now. She wants to be near you and smell you and taste your milk as much as she can.

Congrats, BTW :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tnovak
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:47 AM

normal!  After 8 to 12 weeks it is less frequent.  

_muffin_
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Its normal! You are making enough milk, you are doing great! Keep nursing her and sleep when you can. 

gottaluvabug
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:44 AM
My daughter did that for about two weeks. It is totally normal. It was explained to me like this: your baby is learning to nurse while your body is learning to feed her. Basically, some of the time she is nursing she is not actually getting milk, but she is learning how to get milk and also comforting herself. At the same time your body is developing a supply that will eventualy match baby's demand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN