Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone else feel smothered? I'm feeling very alone on this.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Replies (21-30):
momsince1989
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:10 PM

yes most of the time and even though I am grateful for my blessings I get overwhelmed. I have 4 sons and they range from 22 mos to 8 yrs and keeping up with them leaves me extremely exhausted. Thankfully I have a spouse who is in tune with me and helps out when he can. 

lillucky8
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:44 PM
Im new to being a sahm, and i had no choice and it was a sudden decision. Im not happy about being stuck at home. I love my kids to death but im not the stay at home type. I keep sane by working out and showering everyday when dh gets home from work as my me time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Quoting babygomez:

Nope, I don't feel smothered at all.

((Hugs))

calvinsmommy18
by Nicole on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:08 PM

i'm not a sahm but on the days i dont work i feel overwhelmed by the kids and cant wait for dh to get home

PEEK05
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:10 PM

No not really

MommyO2-6631
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:32 PM
I used to count down the minutes til dh got home but now that he's on 2nd shift i've already put the kids to bed and started cleaning up from the day. It was so much easier when he was on first shift

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

i'm not a sahm but on the days i dont work i feel overwhelmed by the kids and cant wait for dh to get home

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mlucer07
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:39 PM

I just feel overwhelmed also. I can't seem to manage my time well. I can't seem to clean house, get ready, or do anything. I hope this all changes at some point.

calvinsmommy18
by Nicole on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Dh got home by 345 today. Usually its not til about 530 or 6. So we all went to the grocery store for a bit. It started as ill take the baby with me and 4 yr old can stay at home with you. Then 4 yr old wanted to go with me so we just all went. Its been kind of nice that t he baby skips her afternoon nap and is in bed by 7. But bedtime for my 4 yr old ds is a nightmare most nights. I almost swear that bedtime is easier for dh when I work a later shift. Somehow he has them in bed and asleep by 8 when I'm not home. Here it is almost 9 and my ds has been out of his room 10 times already.

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

I used to count down the minutes til dh got home but now that he's on 2nd shift i've already put the kids to bed and started cleaning up from the day. It was so much easier when he was on first shift

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calvinsmommy18
by Nicole on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:47 PM
I'm not the sahm type either. But if I didn't have my mom to watch the kids I wouldn't have any choice. But come February dh may have to be a sahd since my parents will be gone to Florida for 2 months.

Quoting lillucky8:

Im new to being a sahm, and i had no choice and it was a sudden decision. Im not happy about being stuck at home. I love my kids to death but im not the stay at home type. I keep sane by working out and showering everyday when dh gets home from work as my me time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:32 PM
My mom was watching my dd, medical problems led to her suddenly being unable to watch my now two kids after i had ds. Without her daycare is useless, i would bring home $0 after daycare and gas.

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

I'm not the sahm type either. But if I didn't have my mom to watch the kids I wouldn't have any choice. But come February dh may have to be a sahd since my parents will be gone to Florida for 2 months.

Quoting lillucky8:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)