Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies
Does anyone else feel smothered? I'm feeling very alone on this.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Replies (31-40):
calvinsmommy18
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:58 PM
Id bring home negative if I had to pay for daycare for 2 kids. My dad has said that if I have a 3rd child they will not watch my kids anymore. Were not planning on a 3rd anyways but if it happened on accident we would be screwed for childcare.

Quoting lillucky8:

My mom was watching my dd, medical problems led to her suddenly being unable to watch my now two kids after i had ds. Without her daycare is useless, i would bring home $0 after daycare and gas.

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

I'm not the sahm type either. But if I didn't have my mom to watch the kids I wouldn't have any choice. But come February dh may have to be a sahd since my parents will be gone to Florida for 2 months.

Quoting lillucky8:

Im new to being a sahm, and i had no choice and it was a sudden decision. Im not happy about being stuck at home. I love my kids to death but im not the stay at home type. I keep sane by working out and showering everyday when dh gets home from work as my me time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
USMCwife0530
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:03 PM
Not smothered, just really overwhelmed. I have a 4.5 year old son and a 15 month old. Thankfully, my oldest will be in kindergarten next year so it'll just be me and my youngest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jridgill
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:19 PM
Yes. Especially with my second an how clingy/needy he was. He literally would not sleep at all unless my boob was in his mouth and that last about a year. I get depressed just thinking about it. I told myself "this will not last forever" over and over and over. It helped! My kids are now 12,4,&2. I survived!
Good luck :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alandou
by April on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:22 PM

yes I feel smothered by my own child that I love so very much. it's normal to want a break and really, we NEED a break every now and then before we start to feel smothered. sometimes it's just not as easy as it sounds though.

brittanyx22
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:24 PM
Not at all. I wouldn't want it any other way. I take time for myself at least once a week. I have lots of mommy friends and our kids get together twice a week or so. I'm never home, but pretty much always havey daughter with me. I'm a single parent and chose to be one.
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Sending you tons of energy.

Feel free to message me if you wanna talk.

I sometimes feel overwhelmed as well, and I only have one. 

Take an hour while the kids are napping and relax. And do for yourself. Then get back to the cleaning and all of that. Remember to breathe. I mean stand still or sit still for a moment and consciously breathe. Take a deep breath let it out. 

Quoting junebutterfly:

I wouldn't say smothered but I definitely feel overwhelmed. I have a 2 year old and a 1 year old and I'm 26 weeks pregnant. I seem to stay behind on everything. I feel like a huge failure as a mom and wife. I NEED TONS OF ENERGY!!!!!
And I don't really have any friends and I live way out in the country.

mom2the.rescue
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:25 AM

Yes.  Some days are worse than others.  Some days I want to hug everyone tighter, other days I want to karate kick my way out of their grasp...and this is totally including dh.

erikays
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:10 AM
That's why I got a small pt job, I work about 15 hrs a week :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcr17
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:11 AM
I don't.
junebutterfly
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:55 AM
Thank you.

Quoting Basherte:

Sending you tons of energy.

Feel free to message me if you wanna talk.

I sometimes feel overwhelmed as well, and I only have one. 

Take an hour while the kids are napping and relax. And do for yourself. Then get back to the cleaning and all of that. Remember to breathe. I mean stand still or sit still for a moment and consciously breathe. Take a deep breath let it out. 

Quoting junebutterfly:

I wouldn't say smothered but I definitely feel overwhelmed. I have a 2 year old and a 1 year old and I'm 26 weeks pregnant. I seem to stay behind on everything. I feel like a huge failure as a mom and wife. I NEED TONS OF ENERGY!!!!!

And I don't really have any friends and I live way out in the country.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN