Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

not sure what else to try...

Posted by   + Show Post

DS2 is 8 months old and his ped keeps asking me if he is eating things on his own yet... and I have to keep telling her no; I know that he should be and DS1 at this age was too (he had more teeth though). I have tried the Gerber puffs, the teething biscuits, cheerio's... all of which he HATES, and yes I have been trying all of them for a couple months now. Not sure what else to give him to try to get him to eat on his own. Any ideas?

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:25 PM
Replies (11-17):
brittanyx22
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:41 PM
He doesn't HAVE to eat anything other than breastmilk or formula at this age. My daughter had zero solids until age 1. She wasn't interested and neither was I. She eats everything now. She's 16 months and an amazing eater.

If you really want him to eat, have you tried offering him real food? Like whatever you're eating at the time. Try it and see what happens!
Brittanyk3
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:48 PM

i would do like some of the other posters said and try real food. my oldest son was eating baby food just fine and one day my mil gave him some real food off her plate. from then on i couldnt get him to eat baby food. finally i gave up and gave him more real food and he ate like a champ!

Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:52 PM
My daughter is almost 8 months and doesnt feed herself yet. She has no teeth, but i feed her pieces of soft food and stuff
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:57 PM

I wouldn't worry about it.

SaraSnider
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:12 PM
Vary true i ate a bunch the other night when i could cut my cravings lol

Quoting pinkiebabii:

The puffs are yummy. LOL. I eat them with ds. He is 99% breastfed so I figure a couple puffs a day aren't too bad. I also give him "real" food too.

Quoting 1L2CMommy:

Yuck! I wouldn't eat that cardboard either. At that age my DD had 2-3 teeth and she could handle soft banannas, peeled grapes, pasta, cooked carrots, mashed or soft sweet potatoes, oranges without the membrane, strawberries, melon, tiny pieces of chicken. All of these and everything else I gave her we cut up into tiny tiny pieces.

Try giving him something not processed and that tastes good and see how he does.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nicholy10
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Mushy soft cooked carrots

Mushy soft cooked/fried squah (my son's favorite at that age)

Pieces of banana

Pieces of melons

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:20 PM
My youngest son wasn't ready for solids until 13 months, he's almost 14.5 months now. He chews like a pro:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)