Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Ativan for anxiety?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:40 PM
  • 9 Replies
So my OB just prescribed 1 mg Ativan to take as needed for anxiety. I just took it and feel better but kinda spacey. Anyone else on it?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Dragonmamas
by Ari on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:32 PM
I refuse such medications, here's a bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenniv6710
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:30 PM
How far along are you? Ativan always helped with my anxiety, I just find out I'm pregnant and not sure if i should continue taking it.....
angela.bouchard
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:30 AM

I use buspar for anxiety. 

mandapanda82
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:31 AM
No I'm not pregnant-:-)

Quoting Jenniv6710:

How far along are you? Ativan always helped with my anxiety, I just find out I'm pregnant and not sure if i should continue taking it.....

allisonc75
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:49 AM
i am pregnant and my obgyn gave me .5 mg ativan. the ones i got are just like breathing air. they do absolutely nothing. klonopin before i was pregnant helped me the most.
Jenniv6710
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 5:19 AM
How far along are you? My dr. Appointment its Tuesday so ill all then but in the mean time to you think it would be ok to keep taking. And also to
manda- I think you should give it a Terry, it helped me a lot!!!

Quoting allisonc75:

i am pregnant and my obgyn gave me .5 mg ativan. the ones i got are just like breathing air. they do absolutely nothing. klonopin before i was pregnant helped me the most.

mandapanda82
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Wellim not pregnant- I'm 4 mos pp and I started Prozac and that made me all anxious And "speedy" feeling- so my OB pretty much just gave me a one time Rx to get past the nasty side effects of getting of Prozac- congrats on your pregnancy:-)

Quoting allisonc75:

allisonc75
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:29 AM
i think you will be fine to take them as needed. not an everyday 3 times a day type thing but i feel that anxious feeling coming on definitely take one it will be fine. if it makes you feel feel better trying only taking .5 mg at a time if u have to break urs in half or whatever until you can talk to your obgyn about it.

Quoting Jenniv6710:

How far along are you? My dr. Appointment its Tuesday so ill all then but in the mean time to you think it would be ok to keep taking. And also to

Quoting allisonc75:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allisonc75
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:31 AM
oh and im 33 weeks.....my dr wrote me a script for mine 3 weeks ago.

Quoting allisonc75:

i think you will be fine to take them as needed. not an everyday 3 times a day type thing but i feel that anxious feeling coming on definitely take one it will be fine. if it makes you feel feel better trying only taking .5 mg at a time if u have to break urs in half or whatever until you can talk to your obgyn about it.

Quoting Jenniv6710:

Quoting allisonc75:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN