Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teething

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:21 PM
  • 8 Replies

My 4 mo old is currently starting to teethe and she is miserable. Anyone have any suggestions of what I can do to help ease her pain? Someone told me about Amber Teething Necklaces... I cant imagine a necklace really works. Anyone used this??

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
luvmibbies
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:26 PM

you could try putting water in a paci and freeze it, wet a corner of a wash cloth and freeze it then rub it on gums teething tablets, orajel or ibuprofen if homeopathic doesn't work. Because the baby can't pick up things yet really and put them in mouth (unless yours can) the rings and necklaces probably wont do a whole lot for her my little one also liked when i would massage her gums with the rummber gum cleaner ( its in the infant toothbrush area comes with toothpaste but don't have to use it for this)

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Yes, they work so do frozen washcloths

sawyer725
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:22 PM

thank you both! I'm a first time mom and clueless when it comes to this. I am willing to try anthing to help ease her pain.

funhappymom
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Amber teething necklaces are wonderful-they're not to chew on, just to wear and the amber helps alleviate some of the pain.

I would chose teething tablets over orajel as orajel can numb all areas of the mouth/tongue/throat and not jus the gums. Not good for baby. 

Just remember too that baby can start teething now and not get teeth in for months yet.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Every Tuesday with Us!

KMadsen
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Amber teething necklaces are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

MommyO2-6631
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:03 PM
No orajel! It can cause baby to stop breathing if swallowed.... eeep! We have been using hylands teething tablets and they work well. I'm also going to order an amber teething necklace next week
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sawyer725
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Yikes! I had no idea... thanks for the heads up. No orajel for my daughter!!

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

No orajel! It can cause baby to stop breathing if swallowed.... eeep! We have been using hylands teething tablets and they work well. I'm also going to order an amber teething necklace next week

merryvoice
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:45 AM
So funny, I was just about to post the same question! I'm also a first time mom and have a four month old who just started teething two days ago. I didn't know the orajel could cause choking! Good to know.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)