Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

buying gifts year round?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:31 AM
  • 7 Replies

Does anyone stock up on Christmas gifts year round? I'm thinking I may need to start doing this if I can catch some good sales. Seems like every year around this time, we are broke and have to struggle to gather up something small at the last minute for everyone.

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SaraSnider
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:37 AM
Thought bout it but im bad and just wanna give it to my dd lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
xredstarsx
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:39 AM

I did start late september this year. It has helped a lot. I have the kids all done and dfs parents. 

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:45 AM

I didn't buy them all year round this year but I did start at the end of August or beginning of September and used a little bit from each paycheck. My husband's old job gave everyone a profit sharing check every December so I never tried buying things so early before but this year he doesn't have that. It's helped a lot! I was actually able to afford to buy the American Girl doll my oldest has been wanting which I never expected. :-)

MommyO2-6631
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:16 AM
I don't do it year round because their interests and abilities change so fast but i usually start in september or October and lay away is my friend! I get it all done but pay a little every week and i don't have to find places to hide a bunch of toys from my curious 7 yr old!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
erikays
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:14 AM
No, I tend to save all yr then buy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirstina
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:21 AM

I start in the summer. You could try buying 1 gift a month for each kid it will help.

jessicaaris
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:37 AM

I have good intentions of doing that but I usually don't. If I find a cute outfit on sale that will fit during the holidays I will grab it  or something on clearance I will pick it up but it doesn't add up to much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN