Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tummy Time

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:48 PM
  • 3 Replies

So, my five month old absolutely hates tummy time. He can usually go about maybe 5 minutes before he starts fussing. He has the play gym thing that we use, with a blanket laid down on it. Any suggestions to how I can get him to enjoy it more. I've tried getting down on the floor with him but that doesn't really seem to help much. I've even tried using one of his favorite toys to keep him occupied. That helped for a while but now he is just not a happy baby during tummy time. He tends to be very gassy so maybe this could be the problem? Now, he can lift his head up pretty good, when he isn't screaming. And he gets held fairly often. It's kinda hard to hold him though cause he is a very wiggly baby! LOL. Any advice would be great. He turns six months on the 14th of next month.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I put baby in a carrier instead. Strengthens the same muscles and baby is much, much happier. My first hated tummy time too so this was the perfect option and has worked well for my three :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JenniferMiller0
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:18 PM

I do have a carrier but it is killer on my back. lol. I bought it when we rode the bus home after we travelled to see my family in GA. Only ever used it the once. I'll have to try that out.

YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:13 PM
What kind of carrier? Some are better than others. I have a Sleepy Wrap for my newbies and I use an Ergo for when they are older. I love both! I have a few others that I use too, depending on the situation, but those two are my favorites.

Quoting JenniferMiller0:

I do have a carrier but it is killer on my back. lol. I bought it when we rode the bus home after we travelled to see my family in GA. Only ever used it the once. I'll have to try that out.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)