Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

"Baby's 1st ......" clothing

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:40 AM
  • 11 Replies

Do you buy clothes that say "Baby's 1st (holiday)"?

Well.....I have been trying to find one for our lil man's Christmas.  He is almost 20lbs at 4mos old and wears an 18mos shirt.  UGH!  I haven't found anything larger than 9-12mos  :(  I think my SIL may make him something tho........I have some jammies and they are 9mos and super small already!  Guess he will wear his read Thomas jammies on Christmas morning......

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maria1613
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:42 AM
we bought a Baby's first Christmas Jammies and a Baby's first Thanksgiving bib. Other than that I think that was it. Oh! We did buy a First Birthday outfit. It was too cute to pass up
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
robibuni
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:49 AM

I always tell myself I'm gonna put DD2 in "Baby's 1st..." clothes but when the time comes, I forget and don't even think about it, lol

That being said, this Thanksgiving is my DD2's first and I'm putting her in a pair of Thanksgiving socks and a diaper and nothing more so she can get as dirty as she wants :)

MommyO2-6631
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:05 PM
Yes! We had a baby's first 4th of July, Halloween, and his Thanksgiving outfit mays Mommy's Little Turkey and has a turkey on the butt. I know that kohls usually has 18 months baby's first stuff.... have you checked there?
angevil53
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:16 PM
No i don't like them personally.
ADC2005
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:18 PM

I couldnt get a baby's first Christmas outfit because my daughter was born two days after Christmas and very tall for her age, nothing would have fit...

Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I couldn't buy any baby's first stuff because Ds was a big baby.  I have been trying to find a big brother shirt in 18 months, but no one around here has any smaller than 2t.

I do buy the holiday themed bibs though.  The Thanksgiving one we got last year just says "my family is thankful for me"  I didn't want to do "first" because then it isn't reuseable.  Now I can use the bib a few times and then save it in his baby box and he can give it to his kids later.

amy1763
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Yes, I like to put them in baby's firsts. Try carter's thats where i get mine.

angela.bouchard
by Angela on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:22 AM
Nah I just do dress outfits :-)
alandou
by April on Nov. 22, 2012 at 3:18 AM

I never really made it a point to buy "firsts" for holidays but if I saw something cute I would get it for dd.

DragonX
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 5:52 AM
1 mom liked this
You could always make it yourself if you can't find one in his size :) Just a plain shirt and some fabric paint or iron-on letters and you're good to go!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)