Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will you be teaching your baby a second language?

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:23 AM
  • 20 Replies
I haven't really thought about it. I'm learning Spanish now, I wouldn't e against teaching my son.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alandou
by April on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:47 AM

you already know ;) french

brittanyx22
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:48 AM
definitely! french :) i want to learn arabic and teach her some of that when she's older.
pinkiebabii
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:50 AM
My son will speak both english and spanish. Most of SO's family only speaks spanish. He is seven months old and already says a few spanish words but mostly english. I have started reading to him in spanish to teach him more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mydarlingsofia
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:53 AM
I might try sign language but I'll be teaching myself too lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicaaris
by Jessica on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:42 AM

Probably not. I don't know any other language fluently. They pick up on some spanish from cartoons and school. We live in an area where knowing a second language is not all that important so I am not in a hurry to teach them.

wonderwomanT08
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:44 AM

I think its important to teach babies English first and then concentrate on the other languages when they are pre-school age. They have enough to learn! 

nicole2884
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:45 AM

i will wait until they  know English first, im a professional nanny an the little boy next door is being raise bilingual an he is 2.4 an barely speaks English , so i shows me that it can delay other things too, he has impulse control issues an potty learning issues, he isn special needs by any means ,

amy1763
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Probably in high school. We are working on signing now.

Dragonmamas
by Ari on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:06 AM

No. I started teaching my older two boys Spanish, because their father is Mexican and most of his family is in Mexico, but I quit.

aniters
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:01 PM
my nephew is 3 and doesnt talk at all. he gets confused with spanish and english and gets frustrates so he doesn't talk.

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

I think its important to teach babies English first and then concentrate on the other languages when they are pre-school age. They have enough to learn! 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)