Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is a pillow pet an okay gift for a 4-5 month old?

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:02 PM
  • 9 Replies

My aunt just had a baby a few months ago.. She will be around 4-5 months at Christmas time. I couldn't think of anything to get her and I found a good deal on a pillow pet today, so I just bought it. I planned on giving it to her, but wondered if she's too young? My DS had one before he was a year old and he loved it.. but he was already walking by then.

So, whatcha think? Okay to give it to her?

by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:10 PM

DS got one from family when he was born.  It is basically a stuffed animal.  I see no issue with it.  Of course with all stuffed animals babies need supervision, but other than that it should be fine.

RADmomma
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:19 PM

my sister got one for DD around that age... she loved it at tummy time. I would flaten it out and lay it down so it was looking at her.... she would smile & bable & just chat with it... so cute. obviously I was right there so she was safe. but she liked that it was eye level with her and not a stuffed animal that sat up.

staciexo
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:23 PM

I would think its ok! But in my house we have a no stuffed animal rule lol. My mom and grandma ALWAYS bought stuffed animals before this rule was put in place. We have a ton.

iHEAVENn
by Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:25 PM

It's fine :) Something cute, and something simple. Wont take up lots of room, and she can keep it for years to come :) 

calvinsmommy18
by Nicole on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I think its an acceptable gift.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcr17
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 5:34 PM
I wouldn't
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
beautiful.GIRL1
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 5:35 PM
I think its fine. My dd got one when she was born and will be getting another at christmas. And she'll be 8 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TiffanyMarie80
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 5:45 PM

My youngest got one for her first Easter (she was 2 weeks old) at her big sister's request (sis was 4 at the time) - my odlest dd's logic - she and ds got their pillow pets for Easter the year before, and Meghan needed one too. . . . she's 18 months old now, and just starting to carry it around, so it was definitely something she needed time to grow into, but I'd rather go with a gift like that than something that will be outgrown in a matter of months  :)

Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:18 PM
I am getting my daughter 1 for Christmas and she will be almost 9 months, so im hoping she will like it! It should be fine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)