Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long does a molar teething fever last?

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 5:02 AM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this
DS developed a slight fever Friday night. We saw that he has a big tooth on the top on the back coming in. Yesterday his temp started elevating, but responded to childrens Tylenol and Motrin.

This morning it got up pretty high, 102 and he is still trying to break it. Gave him Motrin 30 minutes ago. Normally after 30 minutes we notice a difference in his temp, but none so far. Is this normal for a 16 month old teething? And how long does the teething fever last? After how long should I be concerned and take him to the er?

Pediatrician is open tomorrow and if it wasn't gone I was going to take him tomorrow. He also has a cough but isn't congested. Er is the only option til tomorrow.

He does feel cooler to the touch now, I think the meds are working.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 5:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
summerbear
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 6:01 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amy1763
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:09 AM

My dd just got 4 molars and her temp never got that high. It stayed in the lower 100's 100.4 or around there.

amy1763
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Any other symptoms?

summerbear
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:46 AM
No other symptoms. Just the fever and the cough.

Quoting amy1763:

Any other symptoms?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angela.bouchard
by Angela on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:22 PM
I don't think teething actually rings on fevers. Te Er can't so anything other than what you are doing so unless it spikes to 103-104 and won't come down with Tylenol or Motrin them I'd hold off from going to the ER. If he doesn't have any other symptoms then j really wouldn't worry. Just keep doing what you are doing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)