Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

are husbands/so's really THAT clueless? * a little long*

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:17 PM
  • 41 Replies
1 mom liked this

So my DD had a bit of an exciting day with family visiting and didn't nap well in the day. It was quite a challenge to put her too sleep as she was making a fuss from being overtired. At one point I wanted to get a glass of water and I asked my DH to watch over her a bit. The guy picks her up and sees that she is fighting sleep and immediately says "hey your not even tired - that's the problem!" So I didn't say anything about that to him but it's stupid. It's like almost 10 pm she hardly napped today and it's way past her bedtime - are you serious....you really think shes not tired?

Anyway I finally got the girl to sleep and I was thinking. There are a lot of times he has said things about her that are way off. Like when she fusses about food. "oh your not hungry!" meanwhile she is just uncomfortable and wants to be held in a different way.

I dunno.... it's annoying how way off he his sometimes. It's like if something is not ok with her, I have to be there to fucking translate the baby language to him. I'm starting to not trust leaving her with him for too long because he has no idea what the hell is going on with her.

Anyone elses DH/SO clueless like this?

by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Duquesne
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:20 PM
They have to learn sometime. :) My husband isn't always smooth with our son, but I do know he's safe. I wasn't always well versed in responding to things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tamidawn
by Diamond Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL! MEN!!

jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Ugh. I hope he learns soon. I'm going to be gigantic from my pregnancy soon and I will need the help. :/

Did your DH just figure it out on his own? Or did you tell him things?

Quoting Duquesne:

They have to learn sometime. :) My husband isn't always smooth with our son, but I do know he's safe. I wasn't always well versed in responding to things.

bubbbaNbabygirl
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:30 PM
my kids are 5 and 3 and a half... my husband is still clueless :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Duquesne
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:36 PM
A little bit of both. :)

And we both make errors in parenting. We learn and do better. My son thinks his dad is the sun, moon and stars. :)

Quoting jellybeanjean:

Ugh. I hope he learns soon. I'm going to be gigantic from my pregnancy soon and I will need the help. :/

Did your DH just figure it out on his own? Or did you tell him things?

Quoting Duquesne:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:37 PM

boooooo

Quoting bubbbaNbabygirl:

my kids are 5 and 3 and a half... my husband is still clueless :/

erikays
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:42 AM
My husband isn't like that :/

My oldest always says he's hungry before bed, my husband is always getting his crackers lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyO2-6631
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:00 PM
My husband is like this. Baby is crying and he's looking at him saying what's wrong. Usually i chime in since our 5 month old can't talk. It's mainly because i'm home all day and he's gone 90% of the time
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
garcia24
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:17 PM
My SO is a little bit of both lol. He tries to figure out what's wrong with him and if he can't he just hands him over to me. My son is only a week and 6 days though so this is all completely new to him especiallly since there are no babies in his family. But I do give him credit for trying bc he does.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jamamama00
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:27 PM

OMG yes! Yes, they really are that clueless! And I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it really doesn't get much better:/ Men are just hardwired to be "emotionally stupid" for lack of a better term. They just don't pick up on feelings and emotional signals like women do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)