Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

When did you...?

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:55 PM
  • 25 Replies

When did you start loving your baby?

I started feeling a connection with DS when I was in my third trimester and I felt that I could actually see how he looked at the last ultrasound. When he was born things were kind of automatic but I think once we took him home I felt closer to him and over time I really started to love him more.

How was it for you? Was it sudden or a gradual occurance?

CafeMom Tickers

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessmomto2boys
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:05 PM

The minute I found out I was preggo. 

alandou
by April on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:24 PM

I never would have imagined a connection with my baby while she was in the womb, but now that I have had that connection, it is so real. After her birth, I developed a bad case of PPD and to honestly tell you, I didn't feel like I had a connection with her until after she was a year old. I had so many people coming and wanting to take her from me and pass her around. That made me more depressed. We had to live with a family member when she was 3 months old until she was 15 months old. Once we lived on our own, then I felt a true connection again.

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:41 PM
I felt a connection to the baby right away in pregnancy, but couldn't actually imagine having her. I fell in love with the idea of having her in second trimester. I fell in love with her for being mine instantly when she was born, I was so overwhelmed with love for her. But I fell in love with her for being her when her personality really started to shine. Around 9 months or so? That's when I loved her more than just because she was my baby. I loved HER - her personality, her looks, her everything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this

With my dd I felt a connection right away.  With ds it was different because I lost an angel baby the year before I got pregnant so I was afraid to even try to feel a connection with him at first because I was afraid of experiencing another loss.  But once I had my first ultrasound and saw his little heartbeating away I started to feel that connection.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
SarineLewis
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:10 AM
At 14 weeks when I felt him move I felt a connection with him. After that I started loving him more and more. I would do anything for him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:15 AM
When the two lines appeared on the test.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GE1
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:20 AM

So sorry you went through that but glad that things are better now

Quoting alandou:

I never would have imagined a connection with my baby while she was in the womb, but now that I have had that connection, it is so real. After her birth, I developed a bad case of PPD and to honestly tell you, I didn't feel like I had a connection with her until after she was a year old. I had so many people coming and wanting to take her from me and pass her around. That made me more depressed. We had to live with a family member when she was 3 months old until she was 15 months old. Once we lived on our own, then I felt a true connection again.

CafeMom Tickers

jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Took me a couple months after she was born. I went through all the motions without much feeling. feed baby, burp baby, change baby, rock baby, put baby to sleep. I think once her sight got better and she was able to engage me more, I felt like she knew I was there, and that she wanted me. Then we started playing and that's when we started connecting. I remember feeling in the beginning that she liked dad more, and I even told my mom at one point "you know I don't really like her". I guess I was going through a rough time adjusting with my first born. She's 9 months now, and I love her like I never loved before. She's everything to me.

GE1
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:27 AM

We all go though some sort of ppd. I think it hasto do with all those hormones. In any case, it is all pretty mechanical at the beginning and they need so much too that it is very hard to connect right at the beginning

Quoting jellybeanjean:

Took me a couple months after she was born. I went through all the motions without much feeling. feed baby, burp baby, change baby, rock baby, put baby to sleep. I think once her sight got better and she was able to engage me more, I felt like she knew I was there, and that she wanted me. Then we started playing and that's when we started connecting. I remember feeling in the beginning that she liked dad more, and I even told my mom at one point "you know I don't really like her". I guess I was going through a rough time adjusting with my first born. She's 9 months now, and I love her like I never loved before. She's everything to me.

CafeMom Tickers

jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Yea...I guess that was my mini PPD. I wasn't upset or sad or anything...I just didn't feel. And in some ways that mad eme feel guilty at times too. Anyway it passed - and I'm happy it did!

Quoting GE1:

We all go though some sort of ppd. I think it hasto do with all those hormones. In any case, it is all pretty mechanical at the beginning and they need so much too that it is very hard to connect right at the beginning

Quoting jellybeanjean:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)