Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Update Question about baby,milk and nighttime.

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:05 PM
  • 17 Replies

So I took Hunter to his doctors on Friday. I told her about Hunter and she said it could be that he stops breathing because he wakes up so many times a night. So she put him on this Asthma med and it seems to be helping. . She wants us to see the ear nose and throat doctor to because he ihas been congested since born and snores every night lol. So that is what we figured out on that. Thank you so much for all the advice.

So my son is almost 13 months and I would say 5 out of 7 nights almost every week he will throw up the milk at night. He will cough and then throw it up. I don't know if that's normal because my other 2 never did that. I don't know if I should call the doctor or stop giving him milk at night or what. If anyone has had this happen could you please help me. Any advice helps. Thank you in advanced.

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melindabelcher
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:21 PM
Try cutting back how much hes getting by an once at a time
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LarissaLopeman
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Bump!

abra
by Abra on Nov. 27, 2012 at 6:19 PM
That is not normal. i would stop for now and get an appt with your dr.
MommyO2-6631
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:29 PM
Have you tried giving him water or something different? Is he crying or just randomly throws up. My older ds would fight sleep so hard he would throw up.
babygomez
by April on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:57 PM

My kids never did that, but I would stop offering it to him at night and see how that goes. If the vomiting persists, then I'd go ahead and call.

calvinsmommy18
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:29 AM
Id stop giving him milk close to bedtime. And also mention it to his dr.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoeyJrsMomma
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:10 AM

Does he drink milk at other times of the day with no issues? Is he crying or upset or anything when he gets his evening milk? My oldest always had to have milk before bed, but my youngest never really wanted it. If I give him a little snack he's fine with that. He has applesauce or something and maybe a little bit of milk, but he just doesn't need to eat before bed every night. How much is your son eating during the day? When is he eating dinner? If he has a late dinner, it may be that he is just too full for the milk. 

expectantmom81
by Erin on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:43 AM
I would either stop the milk at night or try less of it. Does he go to bed right after having it or have time for it to settle? You might need to give it a little earlier.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LarissaLopeman
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 5:26 PM

I have and water works. He doesn't throw the water. He is still kinda asleep but won't go back to sleep unless he has milk. He then takes his binky and after a couple minutes he will start coughing and then throw up. He doesn't drink very much milk either. 

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Have you tried giving him water or something different? Is he crying or just randomly throws up. My older ds would fight sleep so hard he would throw up.

LarissaLopeman
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 5:29 PM

I have to give him something or he won't go back to sleep. He just keeps crying even after I give him his binky.

Quoting babygomez:

My kids never did that, but I would stop offering it to him at night and see how that goes. If the vomiting persists, then I'd go ahead and call.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN