Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

OMG!!...*its long but please read and help*

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 5:47 PM
  • 17 Replies
Im at my breaking point. Now dont get me wrong people, I love my little girl SO much it indescribeable but when I say I can't even Pee without her wanting to be held..im serious! Now, I do have a bad habbit of picking her up every time she makes a peep, but now its seems like its getting worse! She takes a nap. After being up for about 15 min, she wants to be held and I dont even put her down right away. Or if im doing something, she cries to be held or if I just sit down for a minute to do something, she's crying to be held. I never have a second for anything lately. Is it teething? Is it cause I got her used to being picked up every time she made a peep? Now moms, I WANT my little girl to come to me every time she needs me and I want to cuddle and hold her all the time but SERIOUSLY, i have to pee sometimes LOL i have to make dinner and I have to just sit LOL BUT she also has to learn some independence you know?
She is my everything and I want to give her anything but i have to have some control.
Now she is only 8 months, so what can I do to break the cycle of having to be held every second???
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aniters
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 5:50 PM
carry her or try a baby carrier :)
abra
by Abra on Nov. 29, 2012 at 5:54 PM
yeah, if you hold them all the time, they will get used to it and expect to be held all the time. You are creating normalcy for in the habits you are setting up for her. Since you are her mom, you are responsible for making sure the habits she gets into a healthy for her.
rwebb11
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 6:51 PM
Since she has already been taught being held all the time is okay, unfortunately the only way I know to break that habit is allow her to cry some. Crying isn't bad for babies. Let her cry 10 minutes or so while you do the dishes, then go pick her up and love on her then tell her, "I'm going to put you down now to go potty!" If she cries let her for a few again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyO2-6631
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 7:12 PM
Try to soothe her by talking to her, making her smile and giggle, saying things in an exaggerated voice like "oh, i know it's sad. Mommy will get you in a minute". And find a toy she's interested in. Mine likes the remote lol. As for the bathroom, i don't want to leave him alone. So i put an old bouncer in the bathroom and keep it there when i'm alone. So if i need to pee i sit him down in the seat and play peek a boo or something.
SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 7:14 PM
2 moms liked this

She hasn't been "taught" anything except that her mama loves her.   She's 8 months... she's probably right in the middle of separation anxiety.  It's a phase... it passes.   She will grow up to be a perfectly independant little person, just give her the love and reassurance she needs now.    Putting her down for 5 minutes while you use the restroom is no biggie... but you don't need to "teach" her "independance " by leaving her to cry on purpose.  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 7:17 PM
This this this!!!

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

She hasn't been "taught" anything except that her mama loves her.   She's 8 months... she's probably right in the middle of separation anxiety.  It's a phase... it passes.   She will grow up to be a perfectly independant little person, just give her the love and reassurance she needs now.    Putting her down for 5 minutes while you use the restroom is no biggie... but you don't need to "teach" her "independance " by leaving her to cry on purpose.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bleedhairspray
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 7:19 PM

My dd is 8 months as well, she's a very independant baby! But lately she's been very clingy and always needs to be at my side or in my arms. Right now it's a phase and they'll grow out of it. You can never hold your baby too much.

cabrandy03
by Brandy on Nov. 29, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Sounds like my daughter her entire first year.  There's nothing wrong with her wanting to be with you, your her mom, you make her feel safe and loved.  Most infants go through a seperation anxiety stage, it's a totally normal part of infancy and she will grow out of it all on her own.  Just try to hang in there or maybe invest in a sling or baby carrier, it made my life so much easier!

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 7:49 PM

This :)

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

melindabelcher
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 7:53 PM
Exactly.
Try putting her in a baby carrier. Put her in her highchair with snacks, a empty bowl/spoon talk/sing to her while you cook/do dishes.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)