Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

NEW NEW NEW

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:48 PM
  • 11 Replies

Hello, I'm 17 & new to this site. I have an 11 month baby girl... She has the worst temper! Is this going to continue?? Or just a phase? Please HELP!

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi! Welcome :) I have three children ages 4, 2, 1, and one due in June.

What do you mean, the worst temper? That she gets upset when she doesn't get her way? That is pretty typical behavior for a baby/toddler :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AlexisClarrk
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:06 PM

My daughter is 11 months & when she's mad she gets red in the face & squeezes her hands into a fist and begins to scream.. But this doesn't just happen when shes mad. Randomly out of no where she will do this. I will be holding her and she will pinch my arm or bite me... It's getting to the point where I can't take her out in public because she get so out of control.. If this continues i'm scared about her getting to those terrible 2's. LOL

amonkeymom
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Welcome mama!  It could be a phase, or maybe she's sick?

Quoting AlexisClarrk:

Hello, I'm 17 & new to this site. I have an 11 month baby girl... She has the worst temper! Is this going to continue?? Or just a phase? Please HELP!

AlexisClarrk
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:26 PM
No, not sick.. Hopefully a phase! but thank you!
babygomez
by April on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi, welcome to CafeMom!

babygomez
by April on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Hmmm, I'm not sure, my kids have never acted out this way. When she hurts you physically, firmly remind her that it hurts. She is old enought to understand your tone and facial expressions.

Quoting AlexisClarrk:

My daughter is 11 months & when she's mad she gets red in the face & squeezes her hands into a fist and begins to scream.. But this doesn't just happen when shes mad. Randomly out of no where she will do this. I will be holding her and she will pinch my arm or bite me... It's getting to the point where I can't take her out in public because she get so out of control.. If this continues i'm scared about her getting to those terrible 2's. LOL

jridgill
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:55 PM
Welcome! All kids are different. Be consistent with her and hopefully it wil just be a phase.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by Abra on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:56 PM
I agree. Kids need boundries and consistency.

Quoting jridgill:

Welcome! All kids are different. Be consistent with her and hopefully it wil just be a phase.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauratupper
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Quoting jridgill:

angela.bouchard
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Quoting abra:

I agree. Kids need boundries and consistency.

Quoting jridgill:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)