Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

What would you do?

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:21 AM
  • 8 Replies
My BFF who is like my sister bought my lo this big worm that's a rocking toy for Christmas. I know she had great intentions and he would really like it but we have a really small place and already struggle for room. I don't have the heart to tell her that we can't keep it but seriously have no space for and it's so big. I don't know how to handle it she gets upset really easily.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mommyofblueyes
by Ape on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:24 AM

If she is that close to you, then she should be understanding.  I'd just come out and tell her the truth! 

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:25 AM
Try to find a place to store it for now?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stargazerwolf
by Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:27 AM

I know how you feel! You remember those big plastic horses on the springs attached to a stand? Kids ride on them, bouncing, and they practically are the size of a pony, well my boyfriends best friend found one and got it for my 4 year old. She loves it, but even she complained it takes up so much of her room, she literally drug it in front of her closet so that she could have her room back. It was a nice thought but we have a fairly small apartment considering the girls share a room (4 years old and almost 7 months so a twin bed and a crib with changing table attached plus toys and clothes). We've decided when we can find a way, we'll put it in our storage unit until we get a bigger place. I would tell her thank you, if you have somewhere to store it for now I'd store it (of course that depends on how soon you can move), otherwise maybe ask her to keep it at her place so that when he visits he has a toy and explain the space restrictions?

My 4 year old occasionally rides her horse thing but she says she wants us to move it...how old is your LO? For us we plan to move in March or so, so we will be getting a bigger place, hopefully a 3 bedroom so they can have a room just to play in so storing her horse thing is a good solution for us. I hope you can figure something out!

NicLof2
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:35 AM
I've tried that's why I didn't say something at 1st but there is no where I stay at home so we have a tiny place and our boys share a room. The bad part is she knows this.

Quoting larissalarie:

Try to find a place to store it for now?

NicLof2
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:44 AM
Yes I remember those my eldest had on but we had a covered (not inclosed just a roof) porch so we put it out there. Out 9yr old doesn't live with us do to health issues he has to live in a center. But it's important to him for us to leave his stuff in his room (at this time it's mainly a bed an Xbox some clothes and a few other things that are small). He shares a room with our 10 month old. We don't plan on moving anytime soon. With one son in a center and our lo was on a heart monitor due to premie we live in a small place so I can stay home and be there for them. The rooms are so small we have to have a full size bed. I could ask her to keep it at her house but truth is we never go over there and she's kinda a hoarder so she doesn't have the room even though its a lot bigger an it's only her and her mom.

Quoting stargazerwolf:

I know how you feel! You remember those big plastic horses on the springs attached to a stand? Kids ride on them, bouncing, and they practically are the size of a pony, well my boyfriends best friend found one and got it for my 4 year old. She loves it, but even she complained it takes up so much of her room, she literally drug it in front of her closet so that she could have her room back. It was a nice thought but we have a fairly small apartment considering the girls share a room (4 years old and almost 7 months so a twin bed and a crib with changing table attached plus toys and clothes). We've decided when we can find a way, we'll put it in our storage unit until we get a bigger place. I would tell her thank you, if you have somewhere to store it for now I'd store it (of course that depends on how soon you can move), otherwise maybe ask her to keep it at her place so that when he visits he has a toy and explain the space restrictions?

My 4 year old occasionally rides her horse thing but she says she wants us to move it...how old is your LO? For us we plan to move in March or so, so we will be getting a bigger place, hopefully a 3 bedroom so they can have a room just to play in so storing her horse thing is a good solution for us. I hope you can figure something out!

erikays
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:02 AM
Maybe she can store it at her house?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauratupper
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Quoting erikays:

NicLof2
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:53 PM
Her house is too cluttered. It's just her and her mom but buy there a path way to walk and that's about it.

Quoting lauratupper:

Quoting erikays:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)