Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Diaper rash cream?!

Posted by   + Show Post
My 3 week old has had diaper rash for a week or more and it seems like it has just gotten worse :/ I've been using Desitin and it just doesn't seem to be working. Is there a brand you would recommend?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Replies (11-20):
rach_mommy
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:51 AM
Yes I'm breastfeeding, I'll try that!!

Quoting mitty18:

Do you breastfeed?
If so squirt some of that on the babies booty at each change and let baby go diaper free for a while.
Also you can get the Vitamin E capsules and break them open. Squeeze the VitE on the booty and let go naked for a while.

rach_mommy
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:53 AM
Oh no :/ She has a check up appt on the 17th, should I try to make one sooner? I'm going to start taking her diaper off and giving it air.

Quoting MaddieBsMommy:

always beware that sometimes diaper rashes that don't clear are yeast....and they require prescription.....but I agree with triple paste, it's great....along with A&D they're what I use most frequently

rach_mommy
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Thank you all ladies for the help!! :)
MaddieBsMommy
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:58 AM

if it doesn't clear after a few good doses of diaper cream I would make an appt. sooner.....yeast often looks like a bunch of clusters of red patches, rather than one solid rash...but either way, if it doesn't clear soon, I'd make an appt, and airing her out will help too....make sure her diapers aren't on to tightly as well, and anytime you put a cream on her, dry her off totally with a towel etc....after wipes etc....if she's not totally dry before the cream you're just trapping that moisture on her skin....I know all this cause I had terrible issues with my son's butt as well, lol...

Quoting rach_mommy:

Oh no :/ She has a check up appt on the 17th, should I try to make one sooner? I'm going to start taking her diaper off and giving it air.

Quoting MaddieBsMommy:

always beware that sometimes diaper rashes that don't clear are yeast....and they require prescription.....but I agree with triple paste, it's great....along with A&D they're what I use most frequently

1CrazyCajun
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:29 PM

desitin always broke my son out worse. We use Boudreaux's Butt Paste. Its less harsh than Desitin.

Like PP said, it make be yeast if it has gone on this long.

abra
by Abra on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Desidin never worked for my kids rash!! I use A&D, Sudocrem or Bordeauxs Butt Paste.
stargazerwolf
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:43 PM

My 7 month old used to occasionally get a horrible diaper rash where it'd blister and bleed. We started using Aquaphor and it started clearing up in the same day! It is excellent stuff. Also after wiping with wipes if you also then wipe with a damp soft washcloth to get any wipe residue off and then air dry with like blowing on her bottom. That all seemed to help :)

rach_mommy
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:07 PM
Where can I get Aquaphor?

Quoting stargazerwolf:

My 7 month old used to occasionally get a horrible diaper rash where it'd blister and bleed. We started using Aquaphor and it started clearing up in the same day! It is excellent stuff. Also after wiping with wipes if you also then wipe with a damp soft washcloth to get any wipe residue off and then air dry with like blowing on her bottom. That all seemed to help :)

stargazerwolf
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:55 PM

You can get it most places that have other diaper rash creams, same area cause they have baby Aquaphor, Target, Walmart, etc. They even have a tub of it thats decent sized to last a long time or tubes if you don't need it that often. It's a white container with blue lid if you get the tub otherwise I think the tube is in a box like Desitin is. If for whatever reason it isn't in the baby butt cream section it should be in the section with other ointments for cuts and scrapes.

ETA: http://aquaphorhealing.com/#/main/baby-care/uses-for-baby

emkirkley
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:08 PM

does it look like dots or pimples?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN