Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Diaper rash cream?!

Posted by   + Show Post
My 3 week old has had diaper rash for a week or more and it seems like it has just gotten worse :/ I've been using Desitin and it just doesn't seem to be working. Is there a brand you would recommend?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Replies (21-27):
rach_mommy
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Its just a solid red area. From her butt, to her vagina. And a little on the side :( I don't think it looks pimply. It may be dotty in some areas I guess..I'll give it a good lookin at when I go to change her diaper again.

Quoting emkirkley:

does it look like dots or pimples?

emkirkley
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:39 PM

my first thoughts when you have a rash that lasts a long time and doesn't seem helped by traditional methods is that it's yeast.  put lotrimin or monistat on it mixed with a little hydrocortizone, let it abosorb in and then put your barrier cream over it to keep it from being irritated from pee, poo and the diaper rubbing it.

mandapanda82
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:52 PM
I have mustela diaper cream
yellownes8
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Diaper rash creams never worked for my kids...the only thing that ever worked was baby powder with cornstarch. The only time that won't work is if it's a yeast rash. If it's a yeast rash you can ask the dr. for nystatin cream. Also don't use baby wipes...use cotton balls and warm water.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saintmarley
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:19 PM
Weleda calendula is the best ever!!! My LO used to get really bad diaper rash and no matter what I tried it wouldn't get better or it would get worse. My naturopathic doctor recommended this and ever since I've used this LO never gets diaper rash. He might get red once in awhile a tiny bit but one time of putting it on his butt and its gone. Its the best!! I had to order it online. But I live in a smaller town so..
sadiebug1228
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:22 PM
My daughters allergic to zinc which is in most diaper rash creams. I use aquaphor it doesn't work the best but its the only one that works the best that doesn't have zinc in it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Snapdragon88
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:05 PM
I would try coconut oil. If it is yeast the coconut oil will cause the nucleus of the yeast to explode.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)