Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Help with sleeping in crib!

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:18 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hello..My daughter is 8 months old and I cannot get her to sleep in the crib. I know this is completely my fault. After the bassinet, the only place she would sleep is my bed. I also know the risks and how bad this is. With me working nights I was so tired that I just let her sleep with me so we could both sleep. I feel like I've tried everything. I've put her in awake and while already sleeping she lasts about 20 minutes then wakes up screaming and pulls herself up to a standing position. The "cry it out" method doesn't work either, she won't lay down while crying it out..she will stand in that crib until I get her. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mama-smurf
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:20 AM
2 moms liked this
Try playing with her to wear her out. With dd we turned on heavy metal and that soothed her and she fell asleep.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
viasacra18
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:27 AM
Is she in the same room as you? My daughter was the same and would wake up every two hrs till we found out we were pregnant again and I had to get her to sleep so we moved her into my sons room and she cried a lot but once she got use to not seeing me she eventually cried it out but when she was in our room she would not stop she could go on forever!!
babygomez
by April on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Hmmm, if she's taking naps late in the day, you can try cutting those out, and you could start a bedtime routine, if you haven't already. I put my kids in theirs from the very beginning, and I haven't had this problem, but good luck!

YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:50 PM
I bed share but when I transition to a bed (I am currently transitioning my 14 month old to a regular bed) I start with naps. Once naps are going well, I start by slowly transitioning at night. It takes some time but I have found that this method works very well.

As for sharing a bed with a baby, it can be very safe if done correctly. There are guidelines to safe bed sharing. I follow these guidelines and have enjoyed many months of sleeping with my babies :)
crystalplus1
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:55 PM

my son has a abc toy he loves, i put it in with him, and he will play for about 20 min and then lay down and go to sleep

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)