Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies
My dd was sent home with pink eye monday we have antibiotics for her eye but its worse today, sratted the drops monday night. How long tell it clears up? Her christmas program is tomorrow night! I dont want her to miss it

Thanks
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:11 AM
Replies (11-13):
PEEK05
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Weird. When I worked in child care, protocol was that treatment of the antibiotic eye ointments had to be administered for 24 hours and then they were allowed to return, though we had to have a prescription copy from the doctor and a parent to sign a paper allowing us to continue treating the child's eyes while they were at daycare since they had to have a full week of the antibiotics in their eyes before stopping them. If they did not fill out those paperwork, their child was not allowed to come back since we would not be able to administer the child's eye drops while in our care.

alandou
by April on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Depends on what type of infection it is. There is viral and bacterial. If it is viral, the child is contagious as long as the symptoms are still present. If it is bacterial, treatment is administered and after 24 hours if the symptoms seem to be improving, the child is usually allowed back to school. You should really check with the child's doctor to be certain because pink eye is VERY contagious.

bbyB10
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:39 AM
Try breast milk if you still have some ! Everyday works FAST
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)