Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you ever consider allowing YOUR dad to be in the delivery room when giving birth?

Posted by   + Show Post

confused

~Don't let people squeeze you into their mold. Be confident in who you are.
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:10 PM
Replies (11-20):
ChocolateJunky
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:16 PM

My dad couldn't handle it. He came to bring me my boy while I was in labor with Dd, and as soon as he walked in everyone was prepping me to push. Needless to say, he took off running in the other direction.

brittany.dcd
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:17 PM
Yes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charizma77
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:19 PM

My dad was right outside the room after I had my 2nd. He couldn't find the waiting room, he said he could hear everythig.  My dad is a cool dude so honestly I didn't care but nah, I wouldn't have him in the room. He would probably be asking too many questions or cracking jokes. He did stay in there until I was ready to push all 3 times.

first.time.momy
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:32 PM
If my dad was still alive I would absolutly have him in the room with me. I had an amazing relationship with my dad when he was alive. I was WAY closer to him than my mom. I don't think my dad would have ever asked to be in the room but I don't think he would have ever turned me down either if I asked him to be in there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WildCat73
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:39 PM
my dad was there with my oldest two daughters but for checks and pushing he walked to the door and turned away. I have a photo of 1 of my girls right after she was born and he was at the door and turned around so he could see her i was already basically covered up.Sadly he passed before my youngest was born.
storkradio193
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Yes, my dad was there for my first.  But, like others have said, you have to have a good relationship in the first place.

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

Brandy85412
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:42 PM
no. he wouldn't want to be thank goodness!
sissy852
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:43 PM
my dad will be in the room with me my dh my sister and mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauratupper
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:09 PM

he was going to be, but he couldn't handle seeing me in pain so he sat in the waiting room

YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:18 PM
Nope. Nobody is allowed except the midwife, her assistant, and my husband.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)