Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Moms with more than one...was it planned?

Posted by   + Show Post

If you're a mama with more than one child, was/were your other child(ren) planned? Surprise? What was your reaction? Did you feel that you were really ready for another LO? Did you have any doubts or concerns about raising another child (this could mean anything from finances, marital/relationship stability, emotional stability, etc). Sorry so many questions. I'm just interested in hearing some stories if you would like to share. Feel free to comment as little or as much as you would like.

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:32 AM
Replies (11-20):
Mrs.Velasquez
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:14 AM
My 1st was a surprise, we tried for a little while, then decided we wanted to finish school. Lord be hold I was 7 wks pregnant.

Dd2 was planned. We tried for 13 months to get pregnant. Then had a miscarriage. Three months later, I was pregnant again :)

I was happy with both, just a little nervous. Never any doubts.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bbyB10
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:36 AM
Not planned and not preventing , we just stopped pulling out , and I was pregnant right away
erikays
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:33 AM
#2 was a huge surprise baby! After trying for 2.5 yrs, I found out I was pregnant at 21 weeks!

#3 was planned and we conceived the first month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sj3starz
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:38 AM
Well with both we were in the process of figuring out when we'd like to have a baby and then oops! Too early. Lol. Wouldn't trade it for anything else though, even if I had doubts and fears with both.
MommyO2-6631
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:57 AM
The first was not planned. With the second we were talking about it and tried for 2 days lol. Then i lost my job so we decided to wait. The next weekend we were gonna be drinking so dh brought home a test so if we did conceive i wouldn't drink. I thought no way could those 2 days be THE 2 days. But it was. I was in shock
Dragonmamas
by Ari on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:18 AM

DS1 was unplanned. I wasn't even dating his father *hides*

DS2 was also unplanned. I personally think the ex poked holes in our condoms.

DS3 was planned:)

robbinsroost
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:25 AM
DD1 was a big surprise and we were not married.
DS1 was planned and is 21 months younger than DD1
DD2 was not planned and I was so not ready for a 3rd. She is 14 months younger than DS1. My oldest was still 2 when she was born
DS2 was planned, but took three years to get pregnant.
I would like to have one more.
liss05
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:44 AM

We weren't planning but weren't preventing either.:)

YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:50 AM
My last two were not necessarily planned but not prevented. So and unplanned planned, lol.
rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:56 AM

We planned both of our children.  Well, we started 'trying' and knew when we conceived we would be ready.  It took us about 8mos for our daughter and then for our son we conceived on the first try.  They are 3.5yr apart, and we were married 4.5yr before having our first.  It was something we discussed and wanted to make sure we were on the same page before doing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN