Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with more than one...was it planned?

Posted by   + Show Post

If you're a mama with more than one child, was/were your other child(ren) planned? Surprise? What was your reaction? Did you feel that you were really ready for another LO? Did you have any doubts or concerns about raising another child (this could mean anything from finances, marital/relationship stability, emotional stability, etc). Sorry so many questions. I'm just interested in hearing some stories if you would like to share. Feel free to comment as little or as much as you would like.

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:32 AM
Replies (21-30):
Raeann11
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Our first and fifth pregnancy's were a surprise. But both sadly ended in a miscarriage. All my other girls and this one to come next year was planned. Yes we felt ready. When it was getting closer to my second coming. I was a bit nervous. How am I going to do this. 

We were excited about all our pregnancy's. 

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:40 AM
Actually none of my kids were planned. My first was 8 months when I found out I was pregnant with my second and I was terrified. I wasn't ready but I had great support. As for concerns; financial, physical, emotional, relationship, and more.

My third pregnancy was a even bigger shock. My kids were 3 and 2 when I found out I was pregnant. I tested the day my period was due expecting a negative. Boy was I wrong! Money was a huge concern because we knew my boyfriend was being laid off and no one was hiring. Time management was another. But here I am with a 5, almost 4, and 15 month old, all at 22 and they are healthy and happy:-)

Quoting alandou:

If you're a mama with more than one child, was/were your other child(ren) planned? Surprise? What was your reaction? Did you feel that you were really ready for another LO? Did you have any doubts or concerns about raising another child (this could mean anything from finances, marital/relationship stability, emotional stability, etc). Sorry so many questions. I'm just interested in hearing some stories if you would like to share. Feel free to comment as little or as much as you would like.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs.Martinez201
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:40 AM
Dd yes ds no new baby yes
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
OliviaW.
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Both of mine were surprises. With my first I was taking birthcontrol. When I showed hubby the test he was jumping up for joy. I got pregnant with my second like 6 months after I had dd. I didn't know if I could handle 2 small children that were both in diapers and still small enough that they couldn't talk.

Livigirlsmom322
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Yes they were both planned. It took 8 years for 2nd DD

tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:53 AM
1st, 2nd and 4th were planned. 3rd was not. It took over a year + fertility treatment for the 2nd. We were told we'd probably need fertility treatment any time we wanted to conceive. So we didn't worry about BC. We just pulled out, for extra insurance, but mostly relied on my "infertility".

I was scared stiff. I had been on bedrest and in and out of the hospital for 7 months with the second. Near death experiences and an emergency c-section and the whole scary deal. And I'd had nasty complications from both c-sections, so I was terrified of having another one of those. Also, shortly into my second trimester, I found out DH was going to be on a deployment less than a month after my due date.
When my pregnancy was going VERY well, I started looking for an OB or midwife for my VBA2C. I found him at 28 weeks, but he went on an almost 2 month vacation right afterwards, so I went back to my old doctor for a couple of prenatals, lol, and officially switched at 35 weeks.

Complication free pregnancy, and pretty good delivery other than the Bee-otch triage nurse. No problems bonding. Although from the time daddy got back on, total daddy's girl, lol. So glad my wishes about stopping at 2 (cuz of the pregnancy from hell), got overruled.
bpryce
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Our first was a good suprise. We werent ttc but we were thrilled to find out i was pregnant. Our second was planned. We talked about children; how many, the ideal age gap, me becoming a sahm, etc; before we ever got married. So dh and i were prepared for children and how they change the dynamics of a relationship.
tiffs2009
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:13 AM
The first 2 were not planned at all. #3 was planned and I got pregnant after 1 month of trying.
kameka
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:18 AM
1st was not planned. I was 19 and unmarried, though we got married a few months later and divorced when baby was 16 months. 2nd was very much wanted and planned for, though she came at a surprise time about 4 months after we stopped trying. The first two are 8 years apart. The 3rd was not planned in the least. My youngest was 7 months (we weren't supposed to be able to get pregnant in our own) and I was terrified. It took me a very long time to get used to the idea. Even in the hospital, though I loved her, I didn't think it was going to be ok.
I'm happy to say that my youngest is almost a year old and she is the best thing to happen to this family. We have a lot less money and time but a million times more love.
mrspreggers14
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:40 AM

well both of my girls were planned but my second we conceived right away which was unexpected.  But it was a happy surprise!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)