Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Moms with more than one...was it planned?

Posted by   + Show Post

If you're a mama with more than one child, was/were your other child(ren) planned? Surprise? What was your reaction? Did you feel that you were really ready for another LO? Did you have any doubts or concerns about raising another child (this could mean anything from finances, marital/relationship stability, emotional stability, etc). Sorry so many questions. I'm just interested in hearing some stories if you would like to share. Feel free to comment as little or as much as you would like.

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:32 AM
Replies (31-40):
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:50 AM
Yes, my children that came after my first were planned. No, I wasn't scared.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marimaru
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:17 PM

We have 2, both were planned.  During both my pregnancies I often wondered if I was ready, etc, but I think that's just normal 'bringing a life into the world' worries.

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:14 PM
Yes, we had been trying for ten months for #2. #1 had taken us 4 months of trying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bookwormmom2
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:56 PM
Both were surprises. Me and my husband had been dating for a few months before we found out about our first. Then we found out about the second on my daughters first birthday cause I missed my period that say.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
abra
by Abra on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:45 PM
Two were planned, two were suprise blessings. I think it is good to try to be stable financially (and obviously in a stable relationship), but on some level you just have to trust that God knows what He is doing. :)
shortyali
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:53 PM
DS1 was planned and it took about 2 months to conceive him. DD was planned but took about 6 months of trying then giving up to conceive her. DS2 was not planned per say. We wanted a 3rd but not going to actively try until summer. Then one night, really was only 1 time "forgetting" the condom, was all it took. DH thought the condom out was just a signal I was in the mood, not to actually use it, SMH. He works a different shift so while that is the "signal" it also meant he needed to use it too.
NicLof2
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:57 PM
My 2nd was a complete surprise dh and I had just gotten engaged and had only had sex once. Found out the day before fathers day (it was his 1st), I held the test up and said "What did you do" lol. He was super excited and didn't stop smiling for a month. Our lo will be a year in January and we are planning to have another just not sure when.
mgm_5
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:59 PM
1 and 4 were surprises, 2 and 3 were planned
jamamama00
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:04 PM
I can't say we have ever really planned a pregnancy in the sense that we have never actively tracked my ovulation or made it a point to have sex when I was fertile. After we married I just got off birth control and let things happen naturally. I had my daughter on our first anniversary. My second came four years later....then I got pregnant just a few months after giving birth to that baby. I was a bit shocked by that one. I hadn't gotten my period because I was breastfeeding and it took so long to get pregnant before that I was just totally (stupidly) not expecting it.
SaraSnider
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:08 PM
With my 2nd her was a complete accident. I didn't want anymore I'm only 19 had my dd in may 2011. I bf for a while and then my periods hadn't came back fully so i didn't know when i Oed. I got drunk one night in January and ended up pregnant. I really didn't wanna carry him at all but my mom talked me into it. Im happy i kept him but sometimes its really hard for me to have 2 kids at 19.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)