Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with more than one...was it planned?

Posted by   + Show Post

If you're a mama with more than one child, was/were your other child(ren) planned? Surprise? What was your reaction? Did you feel that you were really ready for another LO? Did you have any doubts or concerns about raising another child (this could mean anything from finances, marital/relationship stability, emotional stability, etc). Sorry so many questions. I'm just interested in hearing some stories if you would like to share. Feel free to comment as little or as much as you would like.

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:32 AM
Replies (41-50):
bookjunkie1214
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:37 AM

all were planned

MamaCeleste0722
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:42 AM

Sort of? LOL My first daughter was planned. We decided to try for one more and were surprised with twins :) 

southernbelle07
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:49 AM
Both of mine were planned. But, I still had fears of raising a second child. Would my older son feel left out? Could I show them both enough attention? But, I think those are normal fears.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoeyJrsMomma
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:01 AM

My 2nd child was planned and while we always wanted to have our kids 2 years apart, it was still a hard decision to have another one. You have this happy family in which one child is the center of the universe. You worry about how will you love another one and how will your first one cope with another sibling, but in the end, it just all works out. I love my 2nd son as much as my first son, but in a completely different way. They are 2 different people with their own little personalities and I love them both for very different reasons. And my oldest turned out to be the best big brother imaginable. He has always been so loving and gentle with him and very helpful. Now that they are getting older (3 and 19 months) they play more and more together and my oldest always says that his brother is his best friend. We are thinking of possibly having one more in about 6 months or so and I'm going through all those same feelings again!

mandalyn74
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:22 AM

My kids are 6 years apart so it is pretty obvious my second one was not planned.  We started out ttc for our first and after about 5 years of fertility tests/treatments we had pretty much given up (we could not afford in vitro) when we were presented with a unique opportunity to adopt our son.  After all the trouble we had before we just assumed I could not get pregnant and we would have to be happy with just the one child.  We decided there was no point in continuing to pay for birth control, and we figured if it happened then it was meant to be.  Well it took a long time but it did happen.  I was overjoyed to be pregnant and even though we were pretty much starting over with a second child and finances weren't the best (but they never really are) we are just thrilled to have our baby girl.  When I had my c-section I decided to have my tubes tied.  Since I haven't been on birth control in 10 years I didn't want to bother with it anymore, and this time we know our family is complete :)

angevil53
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:25 AM
Me too. We were trying but then i decided to wait. I went on bc and lost it packing. I never got my period though so i tested. I got pregnant the week after i started the bc. My dd is 13m and I'm almost 16wks. I'm nervous as hell. I waited five years before having her after my ds.

Quoting sissy852:

Ds1 was planned it took 3 years to get preggo with him. Ds2 i am 36 weeks preggo was a big surprise. It took 5 pg tests and a ultra sound for dh to believe it. I am a little nervous because ds1 is only 1 and i will have 2 under 2 when he is born.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:39 AM

nope not planned

robibuni
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:25 PM

DD1 was sorta/kinda planned. I had gotten off my birth control and we didn't prevent anything. We just assumed it wouldn't happen because I had been told earlier it might be kinda hard for me to get pregnant at all...boy were we surprised! HAPPY! But surprised!

DD2 we'd been trying for, for 16 months so she was very much planned but we were still very much surprised by the time we finally got pregnant cause we were beginning to think it would never happen, lol.

Laulaulu321
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:30 PM
1st was not planned. Pregnant now and we were trying
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissy852
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:39 PM
my ds is 1 and i am due in 3 weeks. I am so nervous. But i will get over the nervousness

Quoting angevil53:

Me too. We were trying but then i decided to wait. I went on bc and lost it packing. I never got my period though so i tested. I got pregnant the week after i started the bc. My dd is 13m and I'm almost 16wks. I'm nervous as hell. I waited five years before having her after my ds.

Quoting sissy852:

Ds1 was planned it took 3 years to get preggo with him. Ds2 i am 36 weeks preggo was a big surprise. It took 5 pg tests and a ultra sound for dh to believe it. I am a little nervous because ds1 is only 1 and i will have 2 under 2 when he is born.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)