Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Really fed up...

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:06 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this
Look, I understand we as moms will not always agree. But what the hell makes it ok to bash that mom for doing what's best for their child.? I just don't know why we can't respect each others opinions and choices we make as mothers. After all, we all want what's best for our babies- I would never put a mother down for doing what she feels is best for her baby.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:15 PM

To hang out here, you kinda gotta have a thick skin.    If you're secure in your choices, then just brush it off.   Often, although it may come off as rude, moms are just sharing good info.   Sometimes they are just being rude. 

Bernat228
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this

WOW i just posted something like this on the military moms group. I do agree with you in a way. I like this site a lot and has helped me answer many questions about becoming a new navy wife and the lifestyle that comes with it but i think the ladies miss that we are on this site for support and instead they can be pretty harsh with their comments and not take to account that our opinions may disagree with someones action but doesnt mean we have to always share that. Having a tough skin shouldnt matter on this site because this for support and advice not for someone to disagree with your choices or put you down. 

Quoting mandapanda82:

Look, I understand we as moms will not always agree. But what the hell makes it ok to bash that mom for doing what's best for their child.? I just don't know why we can't respect each others opinions and choices we make as mothers. After all, we all want what's best for our babies- I would never put a mother down for doing what she feels is best for her baby.

mandapanda82
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:30 PM
2 moms liked this
Tough skin?. Come on now, this is supposed to be a place where moms come for support! Tough skin... Wtf?!

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

To hang out here, you kinda gotta have a thick skin.    If you're secure in your choices, then just brush it off.   Often, although it may come off as rude, moms are just sharing good info.   Sometimes they are just being rude. 

erikays
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry dear :/

Some moms are passionate about certain topics, which can sometimes upset others.

I tend to stay clear of posts like those.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this

There are certain groups that are good for support... but the large ones just aren't.   Too many different opinions in one place. 

Quoting mandapanda82:

Tough skin?. Come on now, this is supposed to be a place where moms come for support! Tough skin... Wtf?!

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
first.time.momy
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Sadly this site sometimes reminds me of an all girls high school but with adults. People can be rude. And it really sucks that although yes some moms are passionate about things they lose site of the fact that it is a REAL person reading the comments on the other side. So thats fine if you want to share information but there is NO reason to be snarky or rude about. Every mom wants whats best for her child(ren). And sometimes we can't all do the same things for our children. But that doesn't make one mom better than the other one. I'm sorry OP sometimes women on here get too worked up over things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Moms here are passionate. Many moms are trying to help but some go a little too far. Just be confident in your parenting and if you think that someone is going against the rules of the site, report them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dragonmamas
by Ari on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Even the "rude" ladies are just good moms who feel passionately about how they parent. Do what feels right to you and ignore anyone who goes against that. And don't ever be afraid to hit that report button if you feel someone is going too far with their opinions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by Abra on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree, but that is the nature of public forums. You just have to ignore the zealots. :)
babygomez
by April on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Those people need a life outside of the internet.

Who cares what they think? :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN