Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Breast milk

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:53 AM
  • 22 Replies

What is the best food that will help me produce more breast milk? Because i herad that oats will help and i want to know what other food will help produce more.

by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
USMCwife0530
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Not sure what other foods but try Mother's Milk Tea and Fenugreek capsules. You can find them at your local gnc store

NicLof2
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:15 AM
What USMwife0530 said. Also drink lots of water to stay hydrated.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Love200673
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:49 AM

i have been stayin hydrated but also is it ok to eat broccil and any other vegs. cause they said something about not eatin cabbage, beans, broccil, jalapeno pepper, nuts, etc...beacuse it will cause allergy reaction to the baby. And i want to be sure what to and not to eat. Mostly because im a new to this and i wanto to make sure i do the right things to keep my son healthy and not get him into a allergy reaction just incasesimple smile

tyrelsmom
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:21 AM
Cabbage and broccoli will give some babies gas. Not many, though. I just watch my baby when I have that type of food, to see.
ForeverInLove
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:26 AM
You won'T give baby am allergy bY consuming those foods. If anything, you may predispose them,.safely, to them do they may like them later.

When you eat oats, duo not use instant either.

Quoting Love200673:

i have been stayin hydrated but also is it ok to eat broccil and any other vegs. cause they said something about not eatin cabbage, beans, broccil, jalapeno pepper, nuts, etc...beacuse it will cause allergy reaction to the baby. And i want to be sure what to and not to eat. Mostly because im a new to this and i wanto to make sure i do the right things to keep my son healthy and not get him into a allergy reaction just incasesimple smile

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
preacherskid
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:02 AM

Eat whatever you want, then if baby shows a reaction you can eliminate.  Until then don't sweat it.  You can eat oatmeal (two to three servings a day) to try to increase your supply, you can also drink the herbals teas or take the supplements.  The best way to increase supply though is still nursing on demand- as always count diaper changes to measure how much baby is getting.  Eat healthy, drink plenty of water, and ignore the well meaning but wrong advice :). You're doing good mama!

YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:55 AM
I eat whatever I want. Broccoli is my favorite food! I eat it 3-4 times a week at least.

Do you think you have a supply problem? Oats are good for supply but make sure you eat steel cut oats.
PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:05 AM

Staying hydrated and increasing your calorie intake to another 500 calories daily. It takes calories to produce milk.  Eat a healthy diet and make sure you are getting healthy fats in your diet (butter, coconut oil, avacado, olive, eggs, meat, nuts).  If you're not eating at least 3 servings of dairy a day, get a multi-mineral to take to keep your calcium and magnesium levels optimal.

Quoting Love200673:

emkirkley
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:28 AM

I agree, eat what you want.

increase your calories, increase your water--at least 100oz a day, eat oats (instant will help some, other types of oats work better), there are tons of things that can help supply, search kellymom.com for more info.  However, most people don't NEED help increasing their supply as long as they are letting their baby nurse on demand.

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:44 AM
I agree - drink LOTS of water. It'll definitely help. For breastfeeding, you need more than the normal recommended amount because it's serving both you and baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)