Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Diapers!!

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:43 AM
  • 43 Replies
I'm so frustrated with this whole diaper situation! I am a first time mom with a 2 week old & it seems like NO diapers are working for me! They all seem to leak, all the damn time! My son weighs about 8lbs 4oz & I'm pretty sure they were using Huggies Snugglers size 1 at the hospital and they seemed like they worked fine. I was in the hospital for 5 days (due to a c-section) and if I recall, he only leaked through them maybe twice. I came home & brought the remaining diapers with me. When they ran out I had another pack someone bought me of the same kind (and I thought size), which seemed to work just as well. I was given some newborn diapers (mom 2 mom) as well that I decided to try bc they had the dip in front for his umbilical cord. They seemed to work at first & then I noticed they leaked as well! They leaked more often then the other ones, so I stopped using them. I went to the store today & bought more of the Huggies Snugglers size 1 and they leaked both times I used them! They seem to be leaking out of the top in the front & the back! I'm SO frustrated!

Now, I decided to put him in the newborn size mom 2 mom diapers bc I'm thinking that the Huggies are too big! When I put them on, they go about an 1 1/2 inches - 2 inches above his belly button.

At this point I have no idea what to do. Do you think I should try the Huggies Snugglers newborn size?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pinkiebabii
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I like pampers for disposable. I would get newborn.
I cloth diaper my ds, maybe look into cloth:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TianaH808
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:51 AM
Ok, thank you! :)
mama728
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:51 AM
Honestly target brand diapers have worked amazing with us... My daughter is 2 and we have used them most of her life. Planning on using them when my 2nd is born.
TianaH808
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 3:07 AM
Ugh, its such a bummer, I live on Maui & we don't have a Target here! :(

Quoting mama728:

Honestly target brand diapers have worked amazing with us... My daughter is 2 and we have used them most of her life. Planning on using them when my 2nd is born.
SaraSnider
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 3:10 AM
2 moms liked this
How often are you changing him? Maybe more often.. is his penis pointed down?
Fields456
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 3:10 AM
1 mom liked this
I like the pampers swaddlers for newborns. Maybe try the next size up in any diaper. And as far as them going about the belly button just fold the diaper in once u put it on
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
addyangel
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 3:13 AM
We use pampers swaddlers but my SIL used luvs for her son and they were the only ones that didn't leak on her son. You probably also should bump him up to size 1. Newborn might be too small.
TianaH808
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 3:14 AM
I change him every hour about... The last time he leaked I noticed his penis was pointed up, but I don't remember if it was pointed down when I put the diaper on. :/

Quoting SaraSnider:

SaraSnider
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 3:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Ok well try making sure its pointed down :) idk what else to tell you i do pampers 75% of the time and cloth pocket diapers 25% of the time and only have problems over night time to time but not vary often

Quoting TianaH808:

I change him every hour about... The last time he leaked I noticed his penis was pointed up, but I don't remember if it was pointed down when I put the diaper on. :/

Quoting SaraSnider:

pinkiebabii
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 3:20 AM
1 mom liked this
That is very important. If it is sideways or up, the diaper will leak.

Quoting TianaH808:

Quoting SaraSnider:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)