Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Constipation

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:12 PM
  • 14 Replies
My daughter is exactly two weeks old she is formula fed and she has been constipated since yesterday and I can't make a doc appt until the morning it breaks my heart to watch her struggle with trying to push and her face will get all red any suggestions to help get things going until tomorrow?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amzbrznjz
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this

apple juice, but if you against apple juice, you can stimulate her anus with a thermometer and even lube it...and when she is tryig, move her legs in a bicycle motion

kewi86
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:26 PM

I think that you should take your daughter to the er

pinkiebabii
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:28 PM
I agree

Quoting kewi86:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ohbamitsans
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:45 AM
Why do you guys think I should take her to the er?

Quoting pinkiebabii:

I agree

Quoting kewi86:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:47 AM

She's only two weeks.. do you have any milk left?   Can you pump or see if she will latch... or do you know someone currently lactating that can give you some milk?   Human milk is a natural laxitive.

captaincw322
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:50 AM
Quoting amzbrznjz:

apple juice, but if you against apple juice, you can stimulate her anus with a thermometer and even lube it...and when she is tryig, move her legs in a bicycle motion

I was going to say the thermometer stimulation as well. Rubbing her tummy in a clockwise pattern should also help. Thats what our nurse recommended, holy cow did it work!
mommamaggi
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:49 AM

My doctor had me add 1/2 tsp dark corn syrup to my twins' bottles every other feeding when they were a couple of weeks old and were constipated. Worked like a charm. Don't do it without asking the DR, of course, but I can attest to it's effectivness.

amzbrznjz
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:05 AM
1 mom liked this
I did this once it worked a all over the crib

Quoting mommamaggi:

My doctor had me add 1/2 tsp dark corn syrup to my twins' bottles every other feeding when they were a couple of weeks old and were constipated. Worked like a charm. Don't do it without asking the DR, of course, but I can attest to it's effectivness.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommamaggi
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Hahahaha! And all up the back and belly, too!

Quoting amzbrznjz:

I did this once it worked a all over the crib

Quoting mommamaggi:

Diamondblue1
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:24 AM
Quoting amzbrznjz:

I used to use karo syurup with my kids when they were little i had to put it in their water because they didn't like it plain. My 3 week old don't like plain water either but i'm trying to get her used to it plain.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN