Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

what sleep training worked best for you?

Posted by   + Show Post
My DD is 6 months old and wakes every 2-3 hours to breastfeed. She sleeps in a cosleeper next to me. She has about 3 inches before she outgrows it! My DH wants her in her own room like yesterday, but she just screams if she cant see me. I will not do the farber method, but would like to hear what works best out there. Thanks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:45 AM
Replies (11-20):
briebaby123
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:13 PM

I totally understand what you're going through!! My daughter breastfeeds, and freaks out if she isn't sleeping next to me with me touching her!! And NOTHING has worked so far!! (She's 2 months)
Good luck and let me know if something works for you!!

abra
by Abra on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:16 PM
I used the baby whisperer/compassionate cio method (not ferber, I think that is not good for baby) with my kids successfully. some kids don't need to be taught and are naturally good sleepers, others (usually co sleepers) don't need to train their kids because they naturally will sleep with mom right their to take care of all their desires.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aniters
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:51 PM
no clue. I bedshare with my 12 month old :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emarin77
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:57 PM

My son didn't like sleeping in my bedroom with my husband.  He enjoyed and slept well just sleeping in his own room in a bassinet.  For the first year I think you should let the child be close to you but the second year you should wean her to her own room.  I believe in independance for children.

cabrandy03
by Brandy on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:23 PM

I'm not a fan of sleep training, babies will sleep through the nighht when they're ready.  If your sure you want to try some sort of training, i've heard good things about the Dr. Sears no cry sleep solution.

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:36 PM
We coslept. Baby slept 10-12 hours a night for most of the first year and never had any problems with sleeping unless she was sick. It was wonderful, we plan to do it again with the new baby.

If you don't want to cosleep, look up Dr. Sears, Dr. Jay Gordon (both have websites) and the No Cry Sleep Solution. They have great step by step instructions for gentle teachings.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Bump!

aimesnyc
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:07 PM

We did Ferber, it worked beautifully, and believe it or not, my son doesn't hate me.  So here's a bump.

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:29 PM
I do the method where you wait til they sleep through the night on their own :-) 3 kids and it hasn't failed yet! Lol.

I do start them out in a bed in their own room and move them into mine when they wake after I'm asleep, then they get the opportunity to sleep alone and I don't have to do anything to transition. If they go through a phase of fighting sleep and I'm getting frustrated I have: laid them down, left the room and gone back to calm them envy time they fussed. They'd either eventually fall asleep alone or I'd rock and nurse after a bit and they'd figured out it was time to settle down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnayaFatima
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:34 AM

My son is almost 6 months old and he is still sleeping next tome. It's comforting for the both of us so I would not reccommend sleep training before one year. In Pakistan little kids never have to sleep alone. There is always a nana to sleep with so they dont wake up screaming from a bad dream.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN