Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Q&A Giveaway! Ask the Mojo Expert and You Could WIN!! WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:37 AM
  • 263 Replies
7 moms liked this

CafeMom is excited to welcome Erin Cox, author of ONE HOT MAMA, a comprehensive “girlfriend’s guide” to a more positive, well-balanced and joyful postpartum experience to the Babies group. Erin will be taking your questions until January 18th.

Erin is an author, motivational speaker, life coach, and mother of three who advises women on how to live more balanced, joyful, and healthy lives. Erin’s mission is to love, nurture, and support women so they can love and feel good about themselves, live their dream lives, and offer their best selves to their loved ones.

Want to know how to get your mind and body back after baby? Ask your questions here!  Erin will answer your questions January 9th through January 18th Ten moms who ask a question will win a copy of Erin's book, ONE HOT MAMA!

Giveaway rules:

• The Babies Expert giveaway starts 1/9/13 at 6:30 am (ET) and ends 1/18/13 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • Ten winners will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a copy of One Hot Mama.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 2/1/13.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abra
by Abra on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:34 PM
3 moms liked this
Yes, please!! :-)

Question: I know that working out is a big part of getting my body back after baby (I've had 4!), but where do you find the time? My youngest is 9 months old and while my weight is back to my ideal, my belly is still doing its best impression of flubber!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommy2lexinmark
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Ok I'm 17 weeks pregnant with #6, my kids are 8, 6, 4, 2 &1, and I'm up about 75lbs weight from before I had any kids and up about 55lbs from after my 1st. Is it REALLY possible to even get close to my previous weights and what is the best workout activity I can do quickly to try and workout all major areas??? And will I ever have some sanity back? Lol
mommy2lexinmark
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Oh also, a major problem area for me is my arms, I hace broad shoulders and it seems I have a hard time loosing weight in my arms!!

Quoting mommy2lexinmark:

Ok I'm 17 weeks pregnant with #6, my kids are 8, 6, 4, 2 &1, and I'm up about 75lbs weight from before I had any kids and up about 55lbs from after my 1st. Is it REALLY possible to even get close to my previous weights and what is the best workout activity I can do quickly to try and workout all major areas??? And will I ever have some sanity back? Lol
stargazerwolf
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Sounds like a great book! It seems my pelvis got wider after my second since my first was a csection and then I did a VBAC with my second, even though it doesn't seem like I have a lot of extra fat I can't fit in my normal jeans. I do still have 25 lbs of baby weight to loose, but its distributed all over I guess because I really can't see it. Anyway, I have a few questions if that's ok. Will my hips always be wider after giving birth vaginally? or can they go back to normal?

Also after my second my stomach seemed to stretch more, my first I got back to a nice stomach (and thinner than before actually) and had like one stretch mark, after my second it seems like my skin is still stretched a lot (she's 8 months) and I have more stretch marks, only on the lower part of my stomach and they are fairly light but anyway, will that skin tighten back up with the use of lotion and drinking lots of water and if I work on my abs and my skin does tighten back up is it possible the stretch marks will be a lot less noticable like I think they will?

mommy_2_be_2010
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:50 PM
How do i date and maintain my confidence even though i have a 3 year old and how do i exersize eith my active 3 year old in tow?
Bells2000
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:51 PM

I'm a breastfeeding woman... nursing my second who is 5 months. I think I only gained while nursing dd1... and now, I'm not gaining.. nor am I lossing. I'm just at what I was when I delivered. why can't I seem to lose? I'm watching what I eat, excersizing, drinking lots of water, eating a ton of fresh veggies and fruit. Am I really going to keep the weight til I stop nursing?

countrygirlkat
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:51 PM

HI!  I was wondering what the best workout is to get the shape back to your body after three kids.  I can get the weight back but there is just this layer of skin/fat that doesn't seem to go back, lol.  Sorry if that is tmi!

jessicasmom1
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:52 PM

oh lord I had my baby going on 13 years ago ..I had a emergency C section and muffin momma still 

lawmaria
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:58 PM

I need some help on getting rid of my baby pouch and flabby arms.  After having 4 pregnancies, the pouch has gotten bigger and flabbier.  My youngest baby boy is 15 months now.  My New Year's Resolution was losing the baby weight I gained and eating better.  So far so good, but I have a long way to go.  The biggest problem is my baby pouch and my flabby arms.  Any suggestions?  Thank you.

expectantmom81
by Erin on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Question: is there any special trick or exercise to help with my new mom stomach? I have aweful stretch marks and wrinkles from my pregnancies. I have lost 30 lbs. so far on weight watchers but don't seem to be able to get rid of the "pouch".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)