Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Q&A Giveaway! Ask the Mojo Expert and You Could WIN!! WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Posted by   + Show Post

CafeMom is excited to welcome Erin Cox, author of ONE HOT MAMA, a comprehensive “girlfriend’s guide” to a more positive, well-balanced and joyful postpartum experience to the Babies group. Erin will be taking your questions until January 18th.

Erin is an author, motivational speaker, life coach, and mother of three who advises women on how to live more balanced, joyful, and healthy lives. Erin’s mission is to love, nurture, and support women so they can love and feel good about themselves, live their dream lives, and offer their best selves to their loved ones.

Want to know how to get your mind and body back after baby? Ask your questions here!  Erin will answer your questions January 9th through January 18th Ten moms who ask a question will win a copy of Erin's book, ONE HOT MAMA!

Giveaway rules:

• The Babies Expert giveaway starts 1/9/13 at 6:30 am (ET) and ends 1/18/13 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • Ten winners will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a copy of One Hot Mama.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 2/1/13.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:37 AM
Replies (261-263):
Junesmommy18
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:28 AM
I am excited to read it!

Quoting ErinCox:

Congrats ladies!!!  I hope you love the book and please connect with me and let me know how you are enjoying it or if you have any questions!!  Yeah!!!  XOXOXOXO

Quoting abra:

Congratulations!!

Quoting Cafe AmyB:

congratulations      

....and the WINNERS are...  

expectantmom81
MommyLovesAri
rkkeller13
Junesmommy18
ashmarie08
ZakkarysMom
swmmra
jenncody
jessicaaris
KrissRenea

You have each won a copy of One Hot Mama!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chazzamatazz
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Quoting ErinCox:

Quoting chazzamatazz:

"A more positive, well-balanced and joyful postpartum experience"? That sounds like something I could definitely use - I can't remember a time like that to be honest. My youngest is now 2 weeks old and, just like with my 2nd born, Post Partum Depression is rearing its ugly head with me again. I have no friends in the area at all and none with kids that live within quick visiting distace so I feel pretty much alone.

I'm nursing Katara so I worry about taking antidepressants again so I hope I can find other ways to get rid of this persistant problem. I can get through my days and do what I need to now, but I'm tired and I know how quickly depression can take over your life. Please wish me luck. 

Hey there, you are not alone. I am sending you so much love and support! Please connect with me on Facebook and sign up for my newsletter on my blog. You have such a young baby and I am guessing that your life feels overwhelming and you are exhausted. Start small step by step. Take little actions to bring yourself joy. See if you can get a few hours away to just go read a book and have a coffee. When the kids are all sleeping, take a nice hot bath and read some uplifting books. I really hope you get a copy of One Hot Mama. I really do think it could offer you some good ideas and lots of support. Take it day by day. Try to get enough sleep and really get enough nutrients. Omega-3 fatty acids are good for your brain too.

Here are a few ideas about non-drug depression remidies from my friend, and fellow author, expert Marcelle Pick:

• Talk therapy / counseling
  • Body work methods, such as craniosacral therapy (CST), osteopathic manipulative therapy (OMT), chiropractic, therapeutic massage
  • Acupuncture, auriculotherapy
  • Phytotherapy from the Western herbal compendium, such as St. John’s wort, passionflower, valerian; or from other ancient traditional paradigms, such as, Oriental medicinal herbs, Ayurveda, aromatherapy
  • Targeted amino acid support , such as SAM-e , 5-hydroxytryptophan, GABA
  • Nutritional supplements, e.g., vitamins, minerals, omega-3 fatty acids
  • Full-spectrum light therapy

Good luck, dear soul! Don't forget, you are not alone. Please reach out when you are lonely. Send me an email - erin@erincox.com! Love, Erin

Thank you very much for your response - I appreciate the ideas. I've been working on light exposure since we came home from the hospital because I know that here in Wisconsin the lack of daylight can really effect my mood.

I haven't heard of some of the things you suggested so I'll be sure to give them a try if I can. 

ashmarie08
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:56 AM

Did anyone else not receive their book yet??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)