Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Q&A Giveaway! Ask the Mojo Expert and You Could WIN!! WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Posted by   + Show Post

CafeMom is excited to welcome Erin Cox, author of ONE HOT MAMA, a comprehensive “girlfriend’s guide” to a more positive, well-balanced and joyful postpartum experience to the Babies group. Erin will be taking your questions until January 18th.

Erin is an author, motivational speaker, life coach, and mother of three who advises women on how to live more balanced, joyful, and healthy lives. Erin’s mission is to love, nurture, and support women so they can love and feel good about themselves, live their dream lives, and offer their best selves to their loved ones.

Want to know how to get your mind and body back after baby? Ask your questions here!  Erin will answer your questions January 9th through January 18th Ten moms who ask a question will win a copy of Erin's book, ONE HOT MAMA!

Giveaway rules:

• The Babies Expert giveaway starts 1/9/13 at 6:30 am (ET) and ends 1/18/13 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • Ten winners will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a copy of One Hot Mama.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 2/1/13.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:37 AM
Replies (191-200):
ErinCox
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Quoting Mommy7497:

I'm 10 pounds away from the weight I was when I got pregnant. 1 was 105 went up to 147 and am 115. I'm a SAHM and my baby is 6 months old I have no time to work out and I feel like my hips, tummy, and butt are still huge how do I work out those problems areas? 

Sounds like you are right on track with your weight, but getting toned and fit take work! I know it's hard, but if you want to get back in shape you will have to make the time to exercise! Your little one can hang out on the floor and play while you exercise, or you can get a stroller and get outside for long walks when the weather is nice! Making time can be a real challenge but I know you can do it. I joined a gym so I could still workout with a baby and a 2-year-old while my oldest is at kindergarten. My gym has a wonderful childcare room and my kids both really like it. It's good to get out ot the house and see friends at the gym too! Hips will slowly shrink back but spinning and running will really help speed up the shrinking. Tummy toning just takes lots of core work - try yoga and pilates videos and try holding planks for one minute a few times each day.  I wish you lots of luck and please keep in touch!  Love, Erin

Come connect with me at erincox.com or on Facebook!! 

ErinCox
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting miracle0618:

Hi I'm new here and a mother to my first baby he's 7 months. Before he was ever a thought in my mind. I've always had a problem losing and gaining weight at the same time. How can I keep my weight down with my son because I can't put my son Down for just a little without him crying for me to get him?? Please help me.
Thank u :)

This sounds crazy but we can honestly train our children to learn to be a little more independent. That might seem tough for a little baby who is only 7 months, but start with just a few minutes. Set him on the floor with a little box full of his favorite toys, and be within his sight, but let him play. Be sure he is not hungry or tired when you try this! Slowly let him play for longer and longer times on his own. He will probably fuss a little at first, but soon he will enjoy a little independence too. If you run and pick up him every time he fusses you will be setting yourself up for a really busy life! This could be a real problem if you have another baby too. With a baby that age, he should be able to sit and play long enough for you to do a 20-30 minute workout video. When the weather allows, you should also get out and go for long walks or jogs with a stroller! You might need to work up to this with him, but I am confident you can do it! I hope this helps and GOOD LUCK!  With love, Erin

ErinCox
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Quoting Miller_Mama:

im a mom who has an active 2yr old. how do i lose the weight when i have her majority of the time? i gained 30 lbs since i had her and my self esteem has dropped alot. i look at the mirror and think to myself, what did i do to myself? i really need this so i can build my confidence up again and show my fiance that i can be "sexy" even though he says i already am.

Hello beautiful! Motherhood can really throw a wrench into our sense of self and our self-esteem. It can be really difficult, but you need to start by putting your needs first sometimes! Get out and push your daughter in a stroller for long walks or jogs. Join a gym with childcare so you can get out and socialize whild getting in a workout! Now is the time of year when many gyms are offering discounted memberships! I couldn't do it without a gym. My 9-month old, 2-year old, and 6-year old all enjoy going there. Also start eating really healthy food that makes you feel great! I hope you can also get out and spend time with friends. Social ties are so important when you are staying home! Also, sleep deprivation causes all kinds of changes that make it difficult to lose weight. When it comes to feeling sexy, take a few minutes to select clothes that make you feel cute in the morning, or to put a little make up on. Whatever makes YOU feel pretty! I want your outside to reflect your beauty within! I have an online class called Reclaim Your Hot Mama Mojo: Three Weeks to Your Happier, Healthier, and Hotter Life. This might seem like an investment but it would be perfect for you right now!  I hope you will consider joining me! http://www.hayhouse.com/event_details.php?event_id=1960

Good luck, and please stay in touch!  Love, Erin

ErinCox
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Quoting newmommy9120:

Quoting ErinCox:

Quoting newmommy9120:

What are exercise that i can do with a 9 month old baby?

I can definitely help you with this one! I have a 9-month old son who was born on April 5th! Such a fun age! I do yoga a few mornings a week with my son hanging out on the floor, and I also do Insanity videos while he plays with a box full of toys. I like to save nap times for myself or for catching up on work! It's also fun to check out exercise videos from the library so you can always mix it up! When the weather is warmer, I put my 2-year old and baby in the double stroller and go for runs or I just walk everywhere to run my errands with the kids in tow! Some mornings I get up and exercise before my husband goes to work and I also exercise on Saturdays when he is at home. By the way, I am giving away three short online workout videos that you could easily do with your baby hanging out when you sign up for my new online class that starts tomorrow evening! http://www.hayhouse.com/event_details.php?event_id=1960  Hope you will join me!  Love, Erin

Where can i find you're book?

This website has all of the places where you can get One Hot Mama - www.onehotmamabook.com!

I hope you get a copy and love it!! Please stay in touch ;)

miracle0618
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Thank u :) i will try that

Quoting ErinCox:

Quoting miracle0618:

Hi I'm new here and a mother to my first baby he's 7 months. Before he was ever a thought in my mind. I've always had a problem losing and gaining weight at the same time. How can I keep my weight down with my son because I can't put my son Down for just a little without him crying for me to get him?? Please help me.

Thank u :)

This sounds crazy but we can honestly train our children to learn to be a little more independent. That might seem tough for a little baby who is only 7 months, but start with just a few minutes. Set him on the floor with a little box full of his favorite toys, and be within his sight, but let him play. Be sure he is not hungry or tired when you try this! Slowly let him play for longer and longer times on his own. He will probably fuss a little at first, but soon he will enjoy a little independence too. If you run and pick up him every time he fusses you will be setting yourself up for a really busy life! This could be a real problem if you have another baby too. With a baby that age, he should be able to sit and play long enough for you to do a 20-30 minute workout video. When the weather allows, you should also get out and go for long walks or jogs with a stroller! You might need to work up to this with him, but I am confident you can do it! I hope this helps and GOOD LUCK!  With love, Erin

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cafe AmyB
by Group Admin on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:46 AM

congratulations      

....and the WINNERS are...  

expectantmom81
MommyLovesAri
rkkeller13
Junesmommy18
ashmarie08
ZakkarysMom
swmmra
jenncody
jessicaaris
KrissRenea

You have each won a copy of One Hot Mama!

alandou
by April on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:53 PM

congrats ladies!

abra
by Abra on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Congratulations!!

Quoting Cafe AmyB:

congratulations      

....and the WINNERS are...  

expectantmom81
MommyLovesAri
rkkeller13
Junesmommy18
ashmarie08
ZakkarysMom
swmmra
jenncody
jessicaaris
KrissRenea

You have each won a copy of One Hot Mama!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ErinCox
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Shygirl951:

I have another question. Is there any way to prevent my breast from getting saggy after I'm done breast feeding?

Sorry for delay in getting back to you! When breastfeeding, I am guessing your chest is quite a bit larger than normal. The important thing is to make sure you breasts are supported very well. Spend a little extra to get good quality bras, especially sports bras if you are out bouncing around ;)  It also helps to strengthen the chest muscles. Also try to do most of your nursing upright with the baby supported. When I was exhausted, I would nurse laying on my side and I feel like that may have added a little extra "sag"! After breastfeeding, the sag or not sag you'll experience is mostly genetic, unfortunately. It really depends on the size, muscle tone, and the elasticity of your skin and tissues. Do what you can to protect them! I wish you, and your precious chest, lots of luck :)  Love, Erin

ErinCox
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Quoting mrs.pina:

Q: I have had 2 c-sections with both my babies , i didn't gain much weight but i do have alot of extra skin just all in the front. It sometimes bothers me and makes me feel unattracted , will i ever lose the extra skin? Or what can i do to shrink it?

This is a tough question! After my third baby, I feel like even though I have lost the weight, there is a little more loose skin. That is that last thing to go mostly back to normal. How old are your babies? Your skin's elasticity is a very genetic variable, and to be completely honest, it might not go exactly back to how it was. First, I would try to lose all the weight (if you haven't already), and then I would really start strengthening your core. Try yoga and Pilates, as well as core strengthening workouts. I have a great one in One Hot Mama! Also try putting lots of nice vitamin E and cocoa butter lotion to improve the skin tone. Good luck!!  Lots of love, Erin

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN