Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

the first week home...

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:37 AM
  • 27 Replies

If you had your baby away from home (or even home births could count), do you remember how you felt the first week you were home with your baby(ies)? The first week after I had DD, we had to stay in the hospital because she was in NICU. Once we got home, the first night was great, and then all I remember after that was being an emotional wreck. I had PPD and I dont remember many details.

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maria_Peanut
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:38 AM
1 mom liked this
It was a blur. I wish i could do it again :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alandou
by April on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Me too. I was like this for the first 3 months of her life. I dont remember much. I feel so guilty :(

Quoting Maria_Peanut:

It was a blur. I wish i could do it again :/

AshleySail
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:52 AM
I was in excruciating pain. The whole time.
And I was pumping milk every 2 hours because my baby wouldn't latch on.
I was miserable.
Fuck csections. (at least mine, it sucked.. Especially since it was unnecessary.)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmack2107
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:04 AM

It was very calm around here =) A lot of cuddle/bonding time... I loved it <3

jeniemarie
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 4:07 AM
i had csections with both of mine plus ppd so between the pain meds and exhustion i honestly dont remeber alot of the firs few weeks :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandapanda82
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 4:20 AM
With my first it was amazing I was on a natural high! My second, she was in the nicu for a month and she came home and the first 2 wks were verrrryyy difficult- she WOULD NOT sleep!!! And that was so hard cuz it made her sooo cranky. So I was crying, she was crying my dh was goin nuts we were all not good that first couple weeks!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommyO2-6631
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:14 AM
With my first he was in the nicu fir 5.5 weeks and the first night was hell. We soon figured out he had extreme reflux amd colic. Ds2.... it's been a breeze! I've never been exhausted and my emotions are in check. Ds1 i also had ppd and ptsd
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommyofSCC
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:20 AM

It was scary

hthrlcl
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:25 AM
I just had my dd 3 weeks ago tomorrow, and the first 8 days she was in the hospital, now she is home, but we are going to dr apps all the time cause she is still on oxygen. Going to do o2 test in about 10 minutes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aimesnyc
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:35 AM

The first few days were stressful, as I was still in the hospital recooperating from a c-section.  The three of us were cooped up in the room, and my son was having problems nursing.

However, once we finally got home, the rest of the week was SO much better.  The day after we came home, my hubby stayed home with us and we just vegged in our bedroom all day.  It was so relaxing.  When he went back to work, I loved having some alone time with our son.  Then my mom came that weekend, so it was the perfect end to the week! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)