Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

the first week home...

Posted by   + Show Post

If you had your baby away from home (or even home births could count), do you remember how you felt the first week you were home with your baby(ies)? The first week after I had DD, we had to stay in the hospital because she was in NICU. Once we got home, the first night was great, and then all I remember after that was being an emotional wreck. I had PPD and I dont remember many details.

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:37 AM
Replies (11-20):
lauratupper
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:11 PM

the first week home it was just ds and I, it seemed to me to just be natural, kinda like things were how they were suppose to be.

expectantmom81
by Erin on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:20 PM
The first week was exhausting and difficult with my first cause he wouldn't sleep and had difficulty nursing cause he was a preemie. My second was much smoother :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aimee091712
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:20 PM
This :(

Quoting Maria_Peanut:

It was a blur. I wish i could do it again :/

angela.bouchard
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Yes we had a 2 week NICU stay so the first week home he was 3 weeks old and it felt amazing to finally be able to hold him
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
crabtreemommy
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:23 PM

It was nice. My husband stayed home with me the entire first week and we all bonded as a family! 

crabtreemommy
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:24 PM

This too!

Quoting Maria_Peanut:

It was a blur. I wish i could do it again :/

MommyRJ
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:24 PM
I just remember being overwhelmed and very emotional with both babies. Especially #2 since I had a toddler as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
B1Bomber
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:56 PM

I had a few times of mild panic, wondering who on earth thought it was okay to leave me alone with a tiny baby. (Even though I was 26, married, and a certified teacher.) Other than that, I just remember that I never left him in a different room for even a minute at the beginning - I took him with me if I had to go pee, do the dishes, change my clothes, anything.

Livigirlsmom322
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:08 PM
With my first I could not be alone due to c-section I could not lift my baby on my own. So i was with my mom for 6 weeks. With my 2nd my c-section was better and went home after staying a week with my mom. Love the time spent at my mom's house bonding with baby & being spoiled by my Mom
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KRYSTALK1013
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:56 PM

It was insane. My daughters days and nights were mixed up. I cried a lot due to sleep deprivation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN