Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Should Daddy be waking up with Baby at night also?

Posted by   + Show Post

My little boy is 5 months old now and for the past 5 months I've had the luxury of being a stay-at-home-mom.

My son still wakes up about 3-4 times a night (some times more) and, since my husband works 10 hours a day at a mentally exhausting job, I have always gotten up with the baby every single time every single night.

But, I feel like, being a stay-at-home-mom is just as physically and mentally exhausting as his job except it's not just 10 hours a day, it's 24. I'm starting to wonder if maybe it's time my Husband starts waking up with the baby from time to time so that I can finally get some rest. I'm wondering if that sounds reasonable? And if so, is there a nonabrasive way to talk to him about it?

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:39 PM
Replies (81-86):
southernbelle07
by on Dec. 25, 2012 at 7:00 AM
Not everyone's baby is the same. My oldest slept for about 10 minutes at a time when he was a newborn. He would dose off for about 10 minutes, wake up, look around, whine a little and sleep again. I was a sahm, and my husband worked out of town at least 5 days out of the week, and it was so hard on me! It was difficult to even shower. So, I didn't think asking him to get up with our son was unreasonable. He never got woken up during the week, and wasn't asked often. But, I was in serious need of uninterrupted sleep from time to time.
By the time our second son was born, he had a new job and was home every night, and just my luck, our second son was a perfect sleeper! LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2012 at 7:03 AM
Imo, it takes two to make a baby, and it takes at least two to raise a baby, so heck ya dh gets up with the baby sometimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Burke11
by on Dec. 25, 2012 at 7:03 AM
Dh doesn't but then again I bf so It's pointless for him to wake up at night with dd. A man will never understand how exhausting and never ending a sahm's job is.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Beauty91805
by Member on Dec. 25, 2012 at 7:09 AM
Well my dh works overnight so I am the only one who could. On his days off we'll take turns getting up.
mayalove
by on Dec. 25, 2012 at 9:29 AM
Yes it is resonable for I'm to get up with the baby. I have a three month old and dad and I take turns in the middle of the night.
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2012 at 10:35 AM
I breastfeed so I can only feed our son. My husband still gets up with us though. He changes diapers and keeps me awake.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)