Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you feeding your 6+ mn baby today?

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:43 PM
  • 14 Replies

He nursed at around 5.30 am and had baby cereal with apple (stewed and pureed) at around 7.00 am

10.30 hes now waiting for his fruit puree (todays spec is mango) (4-5tsps)

Luch (arnd 1pm) im thinking of mashed potatos with a nob of unsalted butter (2-3 tsps)

at around 4.00pm a baby rusk or two

Dinner (arnd 7.00pm) three tsps of brown rice, lentils and sprat (baked and grounded)

Im running out of ideas and I wanna know whether im trying to do too much.

he sometimes takes all of this and sometimes refuse to take luch and/or dinner. hes always happy with his baby cereal, yogurt (given every other day) and rusk.

wanna know what you mums think

tx and much lovexxxxxxxx

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this
That's a lotta food for a little baby :-)
Mine is almost 2 and doesn't eat that much! Just fed him bites of whatever you eat, way easier that way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calvinsmommy18
by Nicole on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:56 PM
4-6 jars of baby food a day. Around 24 oz of formula. Sometimes a little bit of table food too. She's 10 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:01 AM
At 6 months, my dd was just barely starting any food at all. AWAYS nurse before any solids are given. If baby didn't nurse good, no solids. They should be like a dessert until age 1.
NowImAMom...
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:04 AM

My 7mo had a bite of broccoli, and nursed as much as he wanted. That's way too much for solids, breastmilk or formula needs to be the primary source of nutrition for the first year.

tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:18 AM
Selene had a cracker and a sippy with water when she first woke up and I immediately bundled her out to the vehicle to bring her brothers to school. She nursed when we got back, and then I gave her a quarter of an apple, peeled and sliced. At snacktime she had a couple more crackers (normally I'm more imaginative, it was a busy day). Small bowl of pea soup for lunch and a few bites of my lasagna (leftovers for lunch today, lol).Then nursed again. After nap she ate half a banana. She nursed again before supper, which was spaghetti.
ETA: Selene turns 1 on Thursday.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
USD2012
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:35 AM

MG im pretty sure now that im doing too much, even my mother said so. BUT this is according to the day plan given my pead. I will def rethink abt the menu.. but pls do keep on posting. tx mums

much lovexxxxx

USD2012
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:37 AM

i was told by pead. to always nurse after three main meals. BM as a dessert. Im bit confused now. Savi is just 6mnths and 2 weeks.

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting USD2012:

MG im pretty sure now that im doing too much, even my mother said so. BUT this is according to the day plan given my pead. I will def rethink abt the menu.. but pls do keep on posting. tx mums

much lovexxxxx

Pediatritions aren't nutritionists. They should only be relied upon for medical issues, not nutrition advice.
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting USD2012:

i was told by pead. to always nurse after three main meals. BM as a dessert. Im bit confused now. Savi is just 6mnths and 2 weeks.

Bm should be the main source of nutrition until age 1. Solids are only complimentary.
treasure1212
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:44 AM
Divinity (9 months. Will be 10 months on 21st). She nurses for most her meals and eats what we eat at lunch and dinner only if she has a good nursing session before otherwise she doesn't get solids . Tonight for dinner we had pancakes and she loved them . Made 2 silve dollar size and cut them up and let her feed herself .but before and after she nurses
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)