Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Am I being over protective or is it a mom thing?

Posted by   + Show Post

Last Tuesday (Dec 4th) I gave birth to my first child miss Keira Rose and every since I've not wanted her out of my sight. I don't trust anyone with her (including my husband) unless I'm in the room watching. I wake up in the middle of the night just to make sure she's still breathing and no matter where we go or what we do I see all the dangers and what can hurt her. Is this normal? Will it get any better? Am I just going batshit crazy? Help fellow mommy's!

- I just want to add that no one in my family including my husband are a threat in any way to me or my daughter, I just feel like that having her in my arms is the only place she truly safe.

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:09 AM
Replies (11-20):
Snapdragon88
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:15 PM
2 moms liked this
I say pretty normal... except I've always trusted my husband 100% with his own children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amerslynn
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:30 PM
Yep, normal. I've found I feel this way more so about my third than I did with my first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyRJ
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:31 PM
I'm still like that and mine are 2 & 4.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:36 PM
I always trust my husband.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by Abra on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:51 PM
It is normal, but mommy normal IS over protective. Daddy needs to bond with baby, too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SaraSnider
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:00 PM
Normal
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
calvinsmommy18
by Nicole on Dec. 14, 2012 at 12:07 AM
I worry about my kids still. I mean some rational and some irrational things. As they are getting older I find it less necessary to check up on them but I still check on the kids a few times a night. I also call and check on them when I'm at work. But they're with my mom so they are in good hands. With my ds (my first baby) I didn't let dh do anything for him the first 6 weeks......then I went back to work and realized dh didn't know what to do since I didn't let him do anything. He was with my mom during the day but if I was working at night he was with dh. Also not letting dh do anything ended in me being very stressed and tired. With my 2nd baby I def let dh help out more. With both kids. I learned I am not super woman and I need dhs help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissy852
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 12:11 AM
sounds normal to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tigress22304
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 12:17 AM

normal :)

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 12:25 AM
Yep. Although I do still worry when they're with him instead of me!

Quoting Snapdragon88:

I say pretty normal... except I've always trusted my husband 100% with his own children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)