Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Pregnancy and pets........???

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:06 PM
  • 10 Replies
So ive have a Yorkie for 3years now and she tends to sleep with me most nights! Now that i am 6 weeks pregnant not sure if thats okay anymore.... What do you ladies suggest?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsApple
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Why wouldn't it be okay?It's fine :)

OliviaW.
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:10 PM

I don't understand why it would be a problem. I know that a pregnant woman can't clean out the litter box or touch anything that like that though.

emkirkley
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:13 PM

why wouldn't it be?  My cats and dogs sleep wherever they normally do when I'm pregnant, that doesn't change anything as long as they aren't jumping up and down on your belly all night once you're bigger (baby will be behind the pubic bone until second trimester)

polkaspots
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:13 PM
I don't get why it wouldn't be okay. Unless your dog is sleeping on top of your stomach, there doesn't seem to be a problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bernat228
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:34 PM
Thanks ladies! What about when the baby is born and having a pet around the baby?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes it is fine. My cats sleep with me when pregnant and after baby is born. We also co-sleep. 

lauratupper
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:09 PM

It's fine. And once baby is here just make that you don't leave the baby and dog alone and don't let her jump on her or anything, there shouldn't be a problem though.

Erinn602
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a maltese and a pit bull and they both slept in our bed during my whole pregnancy. The dog and baby should be fine around each other. Just make sure to let her snif the baby and don't be too over protective because then the dog will get nervous around the baby and might snap at him/her when he/she cries.

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:45 PM
Thats not a problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen6807
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this
With my son we had a small dog also. He slept with us every night when I was pregnant. After the baby is born make sure to always put baby in a bassinet or playpen when you aren't right there with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN