Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

You can't handle him!

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:52 PM
  • 25 Replies

So my soon to be MIL wants to keep our almost 4 month old son almost every other weekend. She's kept him a couple of times,but now he's starting to teeth and fight his sleep. Well last weekend she asked to keep him,I told her it's not a good idea because he's been fussy. S he then says,oh I can handle him.I then told her he's a handful I'm telling you,well she gets her feelings hurt(idk why).Then she calls my DF and ask him,I was annoyed but I told him tell her yes.She comes to pick him up around 7pm and then around 10pm she calls saying he won't stop crying and he won't sleep. I just smiled to myself because I knew that was going to happen.I'm just his mom and spend every waking min with him.I WOULDN'T KNOW ANYTHING.I can't stand when people don't think I know my son. I just think it's weird because if he was left with my parents,they would know how to handle him.I asked my DF,what in the world did she do with you when things like this happened? But this is the clincher she wanted to take him to West Palm this weekend??? I told my DF HELL NO.

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Erinn602
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Wow she sounds a lot like my MIL. She swears she's like my daughter's second mom. She bought her Halloween costume and "Baby's 1st Christmas" orrnament without even talking to us about it first. She can't even handle her own kids and she wonders why we only go over there once a week. I told my BF that I would never let our 4 month old stay at her house.

mandapanda82
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like my So's stepmom! She very easily gets her feelings hurt too!! Uuugggg damn mil's
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Haley947
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Oh my lord she did the same damn thing! My mom had order Isaac his first little Christmas outfit and then she came over saying she got him one.I was like does she realize that he has other grandparents.She's beyond me!

Quoting Erinn602:

Wow she sounds a lot like my MIL. She swears she's like my daughter's second mom. She bought her Halloween costume and "Baby's 1st Christmas" orrnament without even talking to us about it first. She can't even handle her own kids and she wonders why we only go over there once a week. I told my BF that I would never let our 4 month old stay at her house.

Haley947
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:36 PM

She came over the other day and he didn't want her to hold him and she got her feelings hurt and left!! I was like WTH he's a baby!!

Quoting mandapanda82:

Sounds like my So's stepmom! She very easily gets her feelings hurt too!! Uuugggg damn mil's

mandapanda82
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Omg that is sooo Beth!!!

Quoting Haley947:

She came over the other day and he didn't want her to hold him and she got her feelings hurt and left!! I was like WTH he's a baby!!

Quoting mandapanda82:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:43 PM
2 moms liked this
Personally DH and I agreed beforehand that no one would take and watch our children unless there's a special circumstance. Outside of that, we're united that they do not take them. That way our children are raised the way we want them to be and we have the control instead of a MIL having control over us and our child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alandou
by April on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:45 PM
We had an issue like this too except it was my mother. I had to tell her exactly how I felt. Yes, it hurt her feelings but I didn't appriciate her unwelcome comments and "know it al advice". Sure, she's a mom of two, but that doesn't make ALL of her advice right for me or my dd.
Haley947
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:46 PM

I would have never thought it would become such a big deal with her.She thinks because we're young we don't have a say in what our son does.I just can't wait to move out of this town and away from her..lol

Quoting Turtledoves:

Personally DH and I agreed beforehand that no one would take and watch our children unless there's a special circumstance. Outside of that, we're united that they do not take them. That way our children are raised the way we want them to be and we have the control instead of a MIL having control over us and our child.

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:50 PM
2 moms liked this
Many MILs are like that. Talk to your SO and tell him that you both need to agree before she gets to have him, then both of you talk to the MIL and tell her that if you say no, it's no. Be firm. YOU are the parent, you're in control of your child's whereabouts. Sounds like she'll overrun you if you let her. Stand up to her now or it'll get worse.

Quoting Haley947:

I would have never thought it would become such a big deal with her.She thinks because we're young we don't have a say in what our son does.I just can't wait to move out of this town and away from her..lol

Quoting Turtledoves:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I can relate...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN